Information Technology Specialist II
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS), Web Applications and Services team--located on the Fairfax, Va., campus--invites applications for a mid-level Java Developer. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Responsible for the end-to-end implementation and maintenance of small and large web applications and Web services using web and Java technologies; provide and implement technical solutions in a complex, centralized environment; support and communicate with various internal university functional and business groups with regard to a variety of web applications; and follow university standards, and security and architectural guidelines.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in computer science or a related IT field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated good understanding of Java architecture, object-oriented design, and design patterns;
- Ability to troubleshoot application program and system issues, including analyzing, researching and documenting issues;
- Experience working with customers on production support;
- Ability to express oneself clearly in both verbal and written communication;
- Familiarity with full systems development lifecycle concepts;
- Demonstrated success in the following development skills: analysis, design, development, testing and debugging of software;
- Experience with one or more industry standard Java IDEs, such as Eclipse and Netbeans with willingness to learn and work in Eclipse;
- Experience working with relational databases such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL; and solid, working knowledge of SQL;
- Experience with Web servers, such as Apache Tomcat; and
- Experience with CM processes and Version Control tools, such as CVS or GitLab.
- Experience with Java architecture, design and implementation, including object-oriented design, design patterns;
- Experience with Web service development in Java;
- Experience in an open source framework. Particular preference for Spring, Struts, Hibernate and MyBatis;
- Experience with development methodologies;
- Experience working with/ interfacing to large-scale ERP systems and their underlying database tables;
- Experience customizing third-party applications through API interfaces, messaging, Web services, and other means;
- Any previous experience working with Gitlab, LINUX and Tomcat;
- Ability to translate user needs into requirements documents and coordinate testing, implementation and training for these requests with the technical team and other functional team members;
- Capable of independently researching, analyzing, evaluating and documenting issues, and independently developing solutions;
- Experience working directly with customers in order to understand their business needs and to ensure proposed solutions do not conflict with established business practices; and
- Previous experience working in a universityâ€™s centralized IT organization.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 00607z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by April 30, 2018; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information to include email address and phone number.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-04-30