Teacher, Culinary Arts
The mission of the Academies of Loudoun is to empower students to explore, research, collaborate, innovate, and to make meaningful contributions to the world in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
The Academies of Loudoun is comprised of three academies:
* Academy of Engineering & Technology (AET)
* Academy of Science (AOS)
* Monroe Advanced Technical Academy (MATA)
Teachers at the Academies of Loudoun must be ready to deliver advanced academic content and quality instruction to students who have made a commitment to a challenging STEM program. They should also be willing to continually plan and develop curriculum in a highly collaborative environment.
Within the MATA program, students are able to deeply engage in significant and relevant learning in Career & Technical Education (CTE), which allows students to explore and innovate while preparing for 21st century college and careers.
* Collaborates with the instructional team to use a multi-disciplinary approach.
* Provides content expertise and experience required to teach basic through advanced levels of Culinary Arts; interest and willingness to help students learn through doing.
* Develops and maintains partnership with community business partners.
* Evaluates student progress on a regular basis and maintains appropriate assessment and evaluation documentation for institutional and individual reporting purposes.
* Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with students and their parents.
* Manages the behavior of learners in an instructional setting to ensure that the environment is conducive to the learning process, and assists and participates in management of student behavior in other parts of the school, center, school grounds, or work site.
* Participates in professional growth opportunities through an ongoing program of reading, market research, attendance at workshops, seminars, and conferences, and/or completing advanced coursework at institutions of higher learning.
* Employs a variety of instructional techniques and utilizes a variety of instructional materials and available multi-media and computer technology to enhance learning and meet the needs of individual students and student groups.
* Collaborates daily with other members of the instructional team to carry out schoolwide instructional or related activities as needed.
A person in this position reports to the Principal.
Must have or be eligible for Virginia licensure with Family and Consumer Science endorsement. Industry experience or successful prior experience teaching Culinary Arts courses at high school level (or higher) preferred.
Demonstrated experience for Culinary Arts education and genuine appreciation for the mission of the Academies of Loudoun; knowledge of content, curriculum, methods, materials, and equipment of instructional specialty(ies) to which assigned; knowledge of adolescent growth and development; knowledge of Loudoun County Public Schools Division mission, goals, and organization; ability to apply knowledge of current research and industry best practice to instructional programs; skill in the use of multi-media and computer technology to enhance learning; ability to plan and implement lessons based on Division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers, administrators, and parents; skill in oral and written communications; strong collaborative, communication, and presentation skills.