Business Process Analyst (1075-679)
7 days left
- Full Time
The Business Process Analyst serves as a key team member on Business Process Improvement (BPI) projects. Leads and performs analysis, process stability, and capability checks. Delivers artifacts that identify areas of process improvement, efficiencies in productivity (time, cost, resources, others) within a department or group while optimizing business results across USP organizational boundaries. Identifies and utilizes lean and agile process improvement best practices that are collaboratively selected for USP to deliver optimal results in defined periods. Maintains and consistently updates process assets library available to all stakeholders.
Advanced understanding of the Process Improvement Lifecycle as well as various methodologies, and the ability to select the appropriate methodology for USP needs. Business Process Analysts is expected to participate and follow the selected Process Improvement Lifecycle in documented in repeatable Standard Operating Procedure. Collaborates with vendors selected to perform any BPI work.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leads, evaluates, assesses and prioritizes incoming requests for Business Process Improvement (BPI) Projects with Business Relationship Managers (BRMs), requesters, stakeholders, others and presents results to cross-functional teams.
- Recommends prioritized BPI requests for work to IT cross-functional team and serves as the lead Business Process Analyst on selected projects.
- Leads, facilitates business process improvement sessions and seeks agreement between different groups or escalates appropriately.
- Collaborates, and communicates BPI capabilities to stakeholders so all can work together to deliver improved, valued business outcomes in areas of process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Documents the SIPOC (Suppliers, Inputs, Processes, Outputs, Customers) model for each engagement.
- Leads discussions, develops and explains trade-offs in alterative scenarios for to-be process
- Analyzes and recommends changes to process steps that are optimal for delivery of successful outcomes while eliminating non-productive areas of process
- Presents metrics on efficiencies in cost, time, resources and others to cross-functional teams
- Continues to monitor and measures the changes with meaningful engagement of affected area
- Prepares and maintains BPI process guides, templates, and deliverable reports for repeatable and defined processes.
- Maintains Process Assets Library for collaborative work environment
- Participates in defining, implementing, and adhering to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for BPI area
- Participates in collaborative efforts involving vendors from RFP stage through evaluation, selection, contracting, and execution of work plans as needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience
- At least eight years of progressive experience in Business Process Improvement, working as Business Process Engineer, Business Process Analyst, Improvement Analyst, Continuous Improvement Engineer.
- Superior communication (oral and written), analytical, organizational, interpersonal, negotiation, facilitation and time management skills
- Proven track record in using business process management technologies/tools to deliver process-based efficient and effective solutions
- Ability to lead, function and thrive in environment that is agile and changing organizationally
- Proficiency in MS Office including Visio, MS Project
- Experience with Value Stream Mapping or similar in Non-Six Sigma/CMMI environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership skills with high level of business acumen; understanding the need for each improvement project and the ability to make decisions based on what is best for the organization
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple process improvement projects within agreed scope, schedule and budget
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, facilitation skills, and the ability to assess and manage client expectations
- Advanced understanding of the IT project lifecycle as well as various project methodologies, and the ability to select the appropriate methodology for a project
- Must possess a high degree of comfort with ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to make continuous improvement a priority
- Ability to collect qualitative and quantitative data to help drive process improvement
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular