Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator (1073-679)
The Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator is responsible for working with employees and vendors to provide LMS and learning and development (L&D) coordination and support. This role serves as an LMS subject matter expert to perform training, troubleshooting, learning content uploads, creating reports/analytics, test/implement LMS upgrades and enhancements and maintain the overall user experience. Additional HR and L&D administrative duties include tuition reimbursement program, workshop logistics, budget and invoice processing, and other general HR department support as assigned.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manages the LMS, ensuring it is up-to-date with the course catalog and all course offerings to promote and communicate learning requirements and opportunities to employees.
- Troubleshoots and resolves LMS help desk tickets and follows up with internal customers, provides feedback and follows through to resolution.
- Builds and tests learning assets in LMS (courses, elearning, materials, videos, curricula, etc.).
- Tests and implements LMS quarterly releases and enhancements, works with team to determine which releases should be implemented, collaborates with the LMS provider to resolve issues in a timely fashion.
- Collaborates with HR, IT, QA and other departments to address system errors and user questions and follows up to assure necessary corrections are made.
- Develops and delivers LMS reports and analytics.
- Creates and implements a regular maintenance schedule for all existing items in the LMS to ensure they are accurately represented in the system.
- Communicates project status to internal customers and vendors on a regular basis. Proactively identifies obstacles and devises workarounds, brings them to the L&D team’s attention and works to resolve them.
- Stays current with LMS industry activities to recommend LMS solutions that align with business objectives; actively seeks and recommends ways the LMS can be used to drive engagement and efficiencies.
- Administers the tuition reimbursement program to ensure use within organizational policy; ensure program compliance with all laws and regulations; tracks employee usage and provides quarterly reporting to L&D head, explains/reviews policy and process to employees applying for the program.
- Sets up and moderates live online virtual courses in partnership with L&D program managers.
- Performs other LMS, L&D and HR administrative duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Instructional Design, Computer Science, related field or an equivalent amount of relevant experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as administrator of LMS with experience in implementation, support, analytical reporting, LMS content management and technical documentation; Cornerstone experience preferred.
- Experience with elearning software development and publishing for LMS systems including Articulate and Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) standards: SCORM and API for LMS content.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to clearly and concisely communicate and translate technical concepts/topics into simple language for non-technical audiences and vice versa.
- Strong problem solving, project management, time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting; ability to influence without direct authority.
- Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees and customers in a cooperative and friendly manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities concurrently with accuracy; ability to adjust to changing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- An understanding of computer hardware, networking, and software applications.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular