Assoc. Director, Information Tech Services
About Howard Community College:
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
Provides leadership and supervision of the College's consolidated IT help desk and provides computer users with interactive help desk support. Supervises help desk technicians, computer lab manager and part-time employees. Oversees all aspects of the student open computer labs. Serves as the System Administrator of the Cherwell service desk system and print management software. Maintains the Help Desk website and automated call distribution system. Develops, maintains, and monitors IT service-level agreements with College constituents. Interacts with technology vendors and employees on the acquisition of technology equipment. Provides administrative support (training, help desk support and communications) for the identity and password management system. Assists executive director of information technology services with special projects, technology assessment, procurement, and deployment.
Manages and supervises the daily activities of the IT help desk to include hiring, training, coaching, organizing, planning, and staffing operations. Provides direct supervision of two full-time and four or more part-time help desk technicians. Manages the Cherwell Technology Services platform. This includes the organization, planning, coordination, and execution of all related activities and deliverables required to implement and maintain a customized solution for core service desk activities: Related duties include: managing Incident and service requests.
- Development and deployment of an integrated knowledge management system.
- Development and deployment of an end-user self-service portal.
- Facilitate communications between IT staff and Cherwell consultants. Maintains project engagement schedule with Cherwell consultants.
- Lead and coordinate internal efforts related to the analysis, configuration, and validation and testing of delivered solutions and automation / integration of IT business processes.
- Provide technical assistance to IT staff to develop integrated business catalogue, service requests, management reports and dashboards based on service-level agreements and IT vital signs.
- Provide technical support and assistance leveraging Cherwell workflow tools to automate repetitive and complex service desk tasks and support activities within all IT work centers.
- Provide ongoing training to IT staff and end users.
Manages the student open computer labs and ensures continued operational support for students seven days per week. This also includes coordinating the configuration and maintenance of 100 desktop systems; training and assignment of staff; and providing technical assistance to students on Microsoft applications and other systems, including myHCC, Password Services, and Canvas LMS. Develops policies on lab access and operations. Oversees supervision of part-time computer lab consultants.
Authors and maintains information technology announcements on myHCC to keep students and staff informed of the latest technology and available resources.
- BS degree in information systems or computer science; SSCP highly desirable
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience in information technology field
- Minimum of two (2) years of IT help desk management experience
- Industry certification through the Help Desk Institute
- Experience with network topologies, servers, network architecture and virtualization systems.
- Knowledge of Ellucian's Colleague user interface and utilities.
- Operational Knowledge of service desk software and Crystal Reports.
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Compensation: $64,702 plus excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement and paid leave
FLSA Status: Exempt
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: April 9, 2018
As a participating member of the Maryland Retirement and Pension System, HCC offers two retirement options: The Pension, which requires a 7% employee contribution and The ORP, a 403(b) with a 7.25% employer contribution only. Employees in positions that do not require a bachelor's degree must participate in The Pension. Employees that possess a bachelor's degree and hold professional positions that require a bachelor's degree may choose to participate in either The Pension or The ORP.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
1. Cover letter
Link to submit application: http://howardcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=95758