Coordinator for the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) is seeking a Coordinator. Reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate Relations, the Coordinator is responsible for providing grant proposal support, conducting research and outreach on corporations and foundations, maintaining data and preparing materials for special projects and ad hoc requests.
The Coordinator provides comprehensive support for grant proposal submissions ensuring all required components are included, and, in some cases, writing cover letters and sections of proposals. S/he conducts research on corporations and foundations and writes briefings and prepares other materials in preparation for site visits.
The Coordinator maintains CFR databases and ensures that information is consistent across all platforms. S/he updates entity information in the donor database (Advance) including research, meeting summaries, giving information, etc. The Coordinator maintains records and provides regular updates as required by the funder and as stewardship for awards. The position generates daily reports using various software applications including Advance and Kuali Research and correlates data in spreadsheets to show giving history and activity that will inform engagement strategies.
Working with the CFR team, assists in organizing special events and cross-campus Information Sessions including coordinating agendas, making recommendations on relevant topics, inviting participants, scheduling facilities, ordering refreshments, and creating presentation materials, etc.
The Coordinator provides additional administrative support, as needed.
This position may be required to work evenings and weekends for events as needed.
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):
• A minimum of 2 years of writing experience
• Experience organizing and implementing projects and special events
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong editing, writing and research skills
• Ability to establish internal and external professional relationships
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment and prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• High attention to detail
• Ability to think proactively and work independently
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and appropriately both verbally and in writing
• Ability use online databases and other resources to conduct research
• Demonstration of tact, discretion, and good judgment in handling sensitive and confidential information