Digital Content Specialist
The Digital Content Specialist will publish digital content that communicates the University of Maryland’s stories. This person must have a keen understanding of current digital communication channels and the ability to gather and curate content in a centralized digital content hub for a daily news site and e-newsletters. This individual will help plan and execute the content strategy and provide guidance to campus partners to meet the university’s strategic communications goals.
The Digital Content Specialist should also be able to contribute creative and original writing that will appear on key UMD web properties, including the daily news site and associated daily email, the university homepage, Terp magazine, newsletters and other communication vehicles.
Candidates must include with their application links to five of their stories published in print or online. No personal blog entries, please.
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English or related major.
• Minimum of five years of professional news production experience including a minimum of three years of experience working with a digital content management system such as Drupal
• Experience working within large institutions with a large website ecosystem
• Experience working with HTML and CSS
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to write and edit with speed, accuracy and flair
• Ability to think strategically and creatively and solve problems
• Ability to multitask, work independently and perform on deadline
• High level of familiarity with Associated Press style
• Strong interpersonal skills