Administrative Services Manager
Administrative Services Manager
The Administrative Services Manager works with the Directors to support the daily operations of APA’s corporate office spaces, the delivery of services to APA staff/guests and serve as project lead or liaison.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be a Facility Management Professional (FMP) or have minimum years required.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years in building operations/maintenance, facility management, and customer service experience.
- Demonstrated experience in project and construction management required.
- Required to have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Have highly developed interpersonal skills to effectively interact with staff at all levels (from entry level to the CEO), as well as members, partners (property management company), contractors and vendors.
- Have knowledge in LEED, WELL Building, and other sustainability programs.
- A proven track record of managing variety of projects simultaneously, motivator, and have good management and conflict resolution skills.
- Use complex analytical skills to solve problems, juggle priorities, and negotiate solutions.
- This individual must be perceived as a credible resource on a range of topics. Project an appropriate image and attitude to build trust and confidence among staff members, customers, management and others.
The Administrative Services Manager works with the Directors, Administrative Services staff, property management, and contractors to support day-to-day operations (site security, facilities, mail services, and the document center) and serves as project lead or liaison. Responsible for providing and administering the Association’s policies and procedures that involve these areas. The Manager is responsible for assisting with implementing procedures or systems to utilize emerging technologies for service efficiency or cost containment. Will be responsible for developing reports, including assisting in preparation of the department’s annual planning and budgeting. May be required to serve as Administrative Services representative on boards and committees.
Is responsible for monitoring the quality and completion of contracted services and insures that vendors and contractors working on behalf of the APA has satisfactory completed the repairs and/or contractual agreements. Any non-routine decisions, exceptions to existing policies or approvals to commit or expend funds more than the individual’s existing approved levels of authority requires approval. Decision to change service providers would require approval by higher authority.
Responsible for coordinating the arrival of new hires and assisting with the departure of staff (On/Off Boarding). Ensures that offices, security badges, and other pertinent details are completed. Serve as primary point of contact or back up for various software packages (Office Space, Kastle, etc.) by monitoring, inputting data and running monthly reports. Assist the AS Assistant Director by running reports from these software applications as needed.
Manager is responsible for solving issues between customers and vendors, among vendors vying for APA jobs, between staff members, conflict resolution involving APA policies and procedures, finds ways to meet deadlines using a variety of creative approaches. Must:
- Be able to use good judgment to answer routine and sometimes complex inquires
- Must be able to meet multiple deadlines and use own judgment in prioritizing work
- Maintain confidential information
- Review information exchanged electronically
- Maintain online files, general office files, and comprehensive lists of vendors and service tickets
- Print, review and distribute reports to appropriate staff/offices in a timely manner
- Track expenditures and initiates check requests
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point)
- Knowledge of CAFM Systems
- Knowledge of CAD/Blueprints
- Knowledge of Security Software
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary expectations. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.