Accounts Payable Associate
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Accounts Payable Associate
The George Mason University, Office of Purchasing and Accounts Payable is seeking a part-time Accounts Payable Associate (29 hours per week). George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Perform daily review of accounts payable employee business expense reimbursements, honorariums, and revenue refunds for accuracy and compliance with federal, state and university policies and procedures;
- Advise mason employees and vendors regarding university payment policies and procedures;
- Post employee reimbursement vouchers and other types of requests into an automated financial system;
- Assign proper expenditure account codes and obtain department approval if required; and
- Perform special projects as requested by supervisor.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, with ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to self-manage work to ensure timely payment disbursements; and
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word, and with e-mail applications
- Experience with higher education; and
- Experience with Ellucian Banner and Patriot Web.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :