Administrative and Office Specialist lll
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : $34,000-$37,000; commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Administrative Office Assistant
The George Mason University Center for Academic Advising, Retention, and Transitions (CAART) is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Administrative Office Assistant to work on a team for a busy office on the Fairfax campus. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for assisting in the support of office operations and administrative support activities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing CAART reception area, and front office staffing;
- Training and supervision of front office student staff;
- Managing Appointment Outlook/SSC calendar for CAART advisors;
- Providing administrative assistance for human resources processes such as faculty contracts and electronic pay requests for peer advisors;
- Scheduling and registration of UNIV courses and programs;
- Maintaining and purchasing supplies;
- Processing travel documentation, arrangements and reimbursements;
- Preparing advising and meeting materials for events and outreach programs;
- Meeting coordination, room scheduling and technical setup support;
- Assisting CAARTâ€™s communication processes including disseminating a weekly newsletter;
- Serving as the departmental telecom coordinator; and
- Providing operational support and customer service for CAART daily activities and events.
Required Qualifications: This employee should have a broad knowledge of the academic environment, including university resources, services and administrative structures. The position requires an organized, self-disciplined, detail-oriented person who can prioritize work assignments. The person should have excellent oral and written communication skills, critical thinking skills, and computer and technical skills. Proficiency in data entry and word processing using the suite of Microsoft Office products is expected. This position requires the ability to work in a team environment--as well as be self-motivated and work independently with minimum supervision--and to provide excellent customer service to a diverse community of faculty, staff and students.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of university process and procedures is preferred.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 01853z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :