Designer Lead, Digital Products
The Washington Post is looking for a Designer Lead to join our Product Design team focused on Subscriptions.
This team drives subscription growth in partnership with Product, Engineering, Marketing, the Newsroom, and other business units. We build new products and features across The Washington Post's site, apps, and off-platform publishing channels that support lead generation, the purchase experience, account management, and subscriber retention.
This role will act as the leader and manager of the subscriptions design team and play a key part in defining UX strategy and delivering impeccable interaction and visual design for our products.
The ideal candidate is a user-centered design expert who understands people - who they are, what motivates them, how they interact with our site, and what our audience expects from The Washington Post.
· Manage a small team of designers; provide feedback on their work and support their career goals by developing their technical and communication skills
· Communicate concepts and design rationale to project stakeholders by giving clear presentations and creating supporting materials
· Gather user and project requirements to create conceptual wireframes, prototypes, and final designs for subscriber-facing and business-facing products
· Design and specify details of user interfaces, interaction patterns, and information architecture
· Contribute to a multidisciplinary team that can include developers, marketers, and product managers, to ship new products, features, and improvements based on business objectives, usability studies, and research metrics
· Collaborate with research and members of the product team to conduct regular usability and A/B tests for new products and product features
· 6+ years of experience with user experience design, interaction design, and visual design
· 2+ years of experience managing people or projects
· Experience in executing and facilitating concept ideation, wireframing, design iterations, and successful product launches across multiple platforms
· Excellent presentation skills
· Ability to prototype rapidly in a variety of mediums and levels of fidelity
· Command of industry best practices in interaction design, usability and accessibility, and scalable, dynamic web and app interfaces
· Experience using research and analytics to inform design
· Advanced knowledge of tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and other relevant software
· Must be able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines while staying organized and detail oriented
· BS/BA in Design, HCI, or related field preferred
· Familiarity with HTML/CSS/JS preferred