4 days left
- Full Time
The Fountain Fund, established in 2016, seeks a dynamic Executive Director who is passionately committed to growing this nonprofit organization and providing strategic leadership, planning, and execution of all aspects of the organization’s operational and policy endeavors. for all aspects of the organization’s mission and team.
The mission of The Fountain Fund (“FF”) is to improve the lives of the formerly incarcerated through lending, financial education, and community support. We provide low-interest loans to clients who have reliable future income. FF works closely with other community organizations that provide reentry services to our clients. We are based in Charlottesville, Virginia and currently serve clients in Central Virginia. As part of our work, we gather data that could be useful to researchers and policymakers and implement best practices. Our goal is to expand our operations to communities across Virginia and in other states. More information about FF is available at our web site: www.fountainfund.org.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) has overall responsibility for executing and growing the FF operations. The ED oversees day-to-day operations and supervises the organization’s effort to scale FF outward as it develops. The ED will have specific responsibility for organizational strategy and planning, policy development, fundraising and resource development, partnership creation, and community relations.
- Partner with the Board of Directors to set the strategic direction for FF and identify unique opportunities for the organization to pursue program initiatives;
- Develop and execute a sustainable fundraising strategy that will position the organization to grow its resources and increase the number of clients and loans provided;
- Cultivate and manage relationships with a diverse array of community-based organizations, charitable foundations and government agencies by forging partnerships and helping establish regional networks to provide essential services to clients;
- Oversee budget development and management, supervise financial reporting, ensure accurate accounting of FF resources, and facilitate effective governance;
- Manage and develop team-oriented staff, including hiring, delegating appropriate responsibilities, training, team-building, coaching, and evaluation;
- Work with the Board, staff, and outside consultants, as needed, to track key data metrics and research to determine if the program is meeting its outcomes and what lessons can improve FF’s practice and program;
- Work with the Board of Directors to expand loan funds and geographic reach of loan recipients by incorporating lessons learned from pilot project and determining factors essential to expand FF into additional communities;
- Serve as FF’s lead ambassador, communicating organizational vision and engaging frequently with external stakeholders on both local and national level; and
- Ensure that the organization is continuously learning and growing by reflecting on its performance, impact, and potential.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred;
- Passion for FF’s mission and values and demonstrated commitment to creating opportunity and empowering people to achieve success;
- Leadership experience launching and guiding complex organizations or initiatives;
- Previous experience with mission-driven organizations and familiarity with expansion, sustainability and governance of nonprofit organizations;
- Experience working with a Board of Directors or formal advisory structure;
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing fundraising strategies, with particular strength in grant writing and raising funds from government, foundation, and corporate sources;
- Experience crafting program evaluations to monitor and illustrate program impact and facilitate continuous improvement;
- Facility for building community relationships at the leadership and organizational level and ability to motivate and mobilize external stakeholders to support the mission and goals of an organization;
- Skilled relationship-builder and spokesperson, able to engage a diverse range of partners and donors, community members, and program participants;
- Effective staff manager who can leverage and channel individual team members’ strengths as well as foster a positive team environment through respect, patience, and a sense of humor;
- Experience in budget development, oversight, and contract management;
- High level of cultural competency and respect for all stakeholders, with experience working in multi-cultural settings; and
- Previous experience with underwriting, loan evaluation, microfinance or other work with or for financial institutions preferred, though not required.
Position will be based in Charlottesville, Virginia, though some travel will be required. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to EDSearch@fountainfund.org. We will begin reviewing applications immediately and will fill the position when appropriate candidate is identified.
Apply for Executive Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly