Project Financial Analyst - 1458
The MIL Corporation seeks a Project Financial Analyst to join The MIL Corporation at our Tyson's Corner, VA office. Our company was rated one of the 2017 Best Places to Work by the Washington Post.
• Assist in forecasting, budgeting, invoicing, and trending to evaluate contract/program status
• Perform simple to moderate complexity internal financial/administrative reporting for major contracts and/or programs using Excel and PowerPoint
• Provide weekly and monthly transactional support including reviewing subcontractor and vendor invoices to verify costs and codes for payment, audit employee travel voucher submissions and verify program and subcontractor labor categories and rates in accounting systems
• Conduct simple to moderately complex financial analysis including variance and profit/loss analyses, etc.
• Perform some non-routine analyses and prepare some non-routine financial reports
• Track funding and value on contracts assigned
• Work with contracts, operations and customers to get contract modifications in a timely manner
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field
• 5 or more years of experience in Program Control or finance in the federal contracting environment
• Experience with Billing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Contracts
• In depth knowledge and experience working with CostPoint 7.1 and COGNOS
• Strong Excel skills (ability to create new reporting spreadsheets, work with existing spreadsheets, create/modify formulas, build pivot tables, etc.)
• Experience working with financial analysis
• Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• In depth knowledge of Government Contracts Accounting practices and FAR regulations
• Demonstrated proficiency in Excel
• Great attention to detail
• Proficient in Deltek CostPoint 7
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.