Principal Systems Engineer
7 days left
- Full Time
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
As a leading contributor, this position is responsible for providing system engineering, ground segment engineering, engineering analysis, IP and iDirect network analysis and design, pre- and post-sales technical support, and technical consultation for Intelsat General Corp (IGC) customer service delivery, sales, business development, and solutions development activities. This role will work cross-functionally to design, implement, and deliver current and future end-to-end satellite communications solutions. In collaboration with teleport and terrestrial facilities, you will provide expert technical support to Sales, Business Development, and Marketing in order to drive the development of revenue generating services and maintain IGC's competitive positioning. As an ambassador of IGC, this position will serve as a liaison across all levels of the company and be able to clearly articulate the Intelsat position to both internal and external audiences.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Perform iDirect Velocity bandwidth pool and contention management including development and submission of new Service Orders for additional bandwidth as required.
- Maintain iDirect Velocity Group Service Plans (GSPs) and associated lower level structures and service plans.
- Develop process and tools for configuration management of iDirect Velocity network, terminal elements, and configuration profiles for each customer.
- Fully engineer end-to-end network solutions including the RF subsystems and ground network architecture to support customer specific requirements.
- Develop and integrate into operational systems various satellite communications subsystems, including the RF, baseband, and ground network equipment elements.
- Configure and troubleshoot satellite modems, VSAT terminals, Cisco/Juniper routers, firewalls, LAN switches, and VoIP gateways.
- Configure, operate, and effectively interpret results from test equipment including Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, Network Analyzers, and LAN and WAN test sets.
- Prepare technical responses, network diagrams, and equipment costs for service quotations and proposals.
- Assist with the installation of customer equipment at Intelsat (or third party) teleports and facilitate proper integration with teleport subsystems.
- Provide support and training to customers and IGC staff, as necessary including the development of technical training materials.
- Conduct service demonstrations at Intelsat (or third party) teleports and customer premises as required.
- Coordinate with Program Management and third-party/external program vendors and/or contractors to support the shipping, integration, installation and testing of equipment and service.
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to provide expert technical support to the IGC Secure Operations Center (ISOC) and Program Management to resolve service delivery issues or outages.
- Ensure that key issues are escalated to Management, when appropriate, to ensure timely decisions are made which are consistent with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Investigate and propose equipment or system enhancements to improve reliability, increase efficiency, simplify operation, or reduce overall operating and/or maintenance cost.
- Represent the department at all times, as a technical SME.
- Provide recommendations on process improvement, industry best practice and service efficiency.
- Support the development of current operating standards and process to increase team effectiveness and process alignment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must have Bachelor's Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience with prior military, government, or government support contractor experience preferred.
- Must currently possess (preferred) or be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance, with counter-intelligence polygraph.
- Well developed systems engineering and decision making skills required, including: recognition of critical vs non-critical requirements, ability to present complex issues in clearly written language, ability to use diagrams, tables, or figures to improve the presentation of technical material, and the acumen tgo ensure key business issues are addressed consistent with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Experience with iDirect software and hardware platforms (hubs, line cards, modems, etc.) for both Evolution and Velocity is highly desired.
- Good knowledge of computer network hardware and systems including IP routers, LAN switches, firewalls, VPN, concentrators, and IP addressing.
- Prior knowledge or work experience is highly desired in performing system trade studies, performing requirements analysis, interface management and documentation, and/or development and implementation of verification and validation plans and procedures.
- Must have good software skills with prior experience in Windows, Sharepoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Ability to meet with the customer face-to-face on short notice in support of war efforts and “surge" requirements.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and utilize problem solving abilities, under pressure.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and communication/presentation skills.
- Must have ability to travel, sometimes on short notice.
- Must be highly responsive, have excellent customer focus, and be able to establish rapport and good relationships with both internal and external customers.
- The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management skills.
- Proven track record of working independently without constant supervision.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- Please review the job bidding by current employees section in the employee handbook prior to applying for this position, thank you.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.