Senior Vice President - Programs and Resources
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Senior Vice President of Programs and Resources to share overall leadership responsibility as part of the Executive Team setting the vision, strategic direction and solution creation for Global Communities. With a strong emphasis on driving business growth, this includes planning, developing, and enforcing policies and objectives for the organization to ensure it maintains its values and meets established goals.
The Senior Vice President inspires, champions, and fosters a culture of shared success that supports the realization of Global Communities’ mission to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Leading and directing the Department of Programs and Resources, the Senior Vice President will oversee the operations and staff in the offices of Resilience; Economic Development; Governance, Urban and Community; and Business Development. These offices, aligned to Global Communities Strategic Plan, and integrate project life-cycle responsibilities to drive resource generation and delivery of services in the field. The Senior Vice President develops departmental strategies and policies to ensure the relevance, credibility and viability of the organization.
The Senior Vice President also sets goals, monitors work, and evaluates results to ensure that departmental objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization and its donors. S/he also represents the organization to third parties including donors, clients, partners, and governments.
1. Overseeing the identification and pursuit of new business opportunities and the use of department resources to meet new business targets.
- Setting overall targets, goals, plans, and procedures for the capture of new resources.
- Cultivating and establishing strategic alliances and partnerships with current and potential donors.
- Prioritizing Department resources to meet new business targets.
- Participating in fundraising opportunities, donor outreach, and other programs.
2. Ensuring the effective and efficient use of donor/client resources to implement operations in the field.
- Managing, guiding, advising and monitoring the performance of staff. Establishing work plans and annual performance goals, ensuring timely and quality execution of group deliverables.
- Identifying and implementing best practices.
- Developing and implementing an annual plan for departmental operations.
- Developing solutions for complex business problems that require innovation.
- Providing effective leadership and support to meet annual and long-term financial goals.
3. Continuously reviewing all aspects of Global Communities’ operations to facilitate and reinforce the effectiveness of strategic plans.
- Collaborating with the CEO, COO and Vice Presidents, Directors and Senior Managers to ensure the correct strategic direction of Global Communities is maintained.
- Strengthening the Global Communities brand through the application of brand identity and contributing to efforts to communicate Global Communities values, approaches and global impact.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated success in identifying, tracking, and winning awards from USAID and other USG agencies, international financial institutions, and other domestic and international donors.
- Expert knowledge of formal principles, theories, and practices/techniques of international development. Ability to apply that knowledge to Global Communities operational environment.
- Working knowledge of the institutional donor/client landscape and proven track record of ability to establish and maintain productive donor/client relationships. Extensive and specific knowledge of and experience with US government development activities and agencies is required. Experience with other large institutional donors or clients, including other bilateral and multilateral entities, foundations, and private sector clients is highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to conduct meetings, write reports, and speak in a public forum. Superior diplomatic and negotiation skills. Ability to present and discuss technical information in the context of the business.
- Proven ability to lead, manage and develop staff in the context of an open and inclusive culture in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities and deadline pressures.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with diplomacy, sensitivity, confidentiality, and tact.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and judgment. Proven willingness to make timely and sound decisions. Strong planning, analytical, and conceptual skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment and the ability to respond rapidly to changing environments.
- Fluency in English, written and oral. Abilities in a second language preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Master's degree in relevant discipline and a minimum of 15 years’ experience in international development or a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline and a minimum of 17 years of experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have U.S. work authorization.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. EOE/AA - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.