Director of Capital Improvements (Residential Engineering)
Greenbelt Homes, Inc. (GHI), is a not-for-profit housing cooperative of 1,600 homes in the "Old Greenbelt" neighborhood of Greenbelt, Maryland.
We are seeking a Director of Capital Improvements (Residential- Engineering) to join our team.
- Assist residents and administer the permit review process for building improvements and alterations. Review permits applications from start to finish, ensuring that approvals are in compliance with building codes, design guidelines and regulations. Make on-site visits to ensure improvements and alterations are constructed in accordance with the standards specified in the permit
- Plan and supervise the execution of capital improvement programs. Control costs in accordance with budgets.
- Serve as the contracting officer: prepare specifications for building and site improvement and maintenance projects; negotiate and evaluate proposals and process payments. Monitor contract work.
- Undertake engineering and architectural studies and administer contracts for studies that require specialized expertise
- Review and process insurance claims for property damages and/or losses.
- Supervision of staff- Project Manager, Re-Sale Inspector, & Administrative Assistant
- Bachelors’ Degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Five or more years of experience in the building construction and/or maintenance field
- Knowledge of the building trades such as electricity, carpentry and plumbing
- Ability to undertake engineering economic analyses.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and building codes.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Understanding of federal and state occupational safety and health regulations.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Prior working experience supervising contractors and a thorough understanding of the contracting process
- Affordable medical insurance
- 401K Plan with company match
- Dental & Vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Paid training & on-going training to help you SUCCEED
- Amazing employee appreciation events
- Off every other Friday