Used Car Sales Consultant
At all DARCARS stores, it is our pleasure to provide our customers with a shopping, buying, and ownership experience that consistently satisfies each individual's needs and expectations in a comfortable, supportive environment.
We strongly believe in and adhere to our Founder's Mentality: that passion, hard work, dedication, support, and development are the fundamental, driving principles of our business. Everyone loves that feeling they get when they've won something; won the big race, hit the winning home run, achieved the fastest time at the swim meet. By adhering to our founder's mentality, our people experience that winning feeling every day. We also genuinely care about our people: our customers, our employees and our community. If you believe in these principles, too; if you like to work hard and play hard; if you like winning; DARCARS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!
The Sales Consultant is directly responsible for selling new and used cars, providing our customers with the highest level of customer service and satisfaction, and achieving DARCARS gross profit and volume goals. The Sales Consultant will interact directly with customers, other Sales Consultants, Sales Managers, Finance Managers, and the General Manager of the dealership. This is a non-supervisory, commission-based position.
In this role, you'll primarily:
- Conducts business in a professional and ethical manner
- Follows DARCARS approach to selling (including but not limited to):
- Greets customers with a welcoming attitude and listens to their needs
- Describes operations and features of vehicles matching customer's needs
- Follows DARCARS test drive procedures (obtaining correct identification, following test drive route, etc.)
- Suggests optional equipment, features, warranties, for customer to purchase
- Correctly computes and quotes sales price
- Works with finance team to obtain financing, as needed
- Completes all necessary paperwork
- Arranges for delivery and registration of the vehicle
- Addresses all customer concerns and ensures customer is satisfied
- Maintains solid knowledge of brands and products; including features, specifications, pricing, options, and standard equipment
- Must be able to make an effective demonstration ride on a planned route.
- Develop and maintain future prospect and customer follow-up system
- Participates in all required brand and DARCARS training
- In conjunction with the General Manager, develops personal income goals consistent with DARCARS standards and develops a strategy to consistently meet those goals
- Complies with DARCARS policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Our Sales Consultant's success is measured in the following ways:
- Volume sales goals
- Gross profit sales goals
- Customer Satisfaction Index goals
For this role, you'll need:
- Valid driver's license and acceptable, safe driving record
- Strong communication skills with both customers and DARCARS employees
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Requires a High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Previous sales experience preferred by not required
- Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- You get to spend a lot of time standing and walking around our beautiful showrooms and car lots, full of amazing cars!
Keywords: sales associate, salesperson, sales, auto sales, sales professional, sales career, automotive industry, car sales, used cars, used car sales, pre-owened sales