Parent and Student Services Advisor, High School Programs Enrollment and Student Services - School
Parent and Student Services Advisor, High School Programs Enrollment and Student Services - School of Continuing Studies
Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies (SCS) fulfills the university's educational mission by offering a wide range of degree programs and applied learning experiences to a broad and inclusive community of students and professionals. The educational programs found within Georgetown SCS combine theory with practice through rigorous curricula led by experts in their fields, providing opportunities for students to excel academically and professionally. In keeping with Georgetown's Catholic and Jesuit heritage and values, SCS educates women and men to be self-reflective, critical thinkers who are committed to serve in greater society.
The Parent and Student Services Advisor provides high level customer service to parents, prospective students and current students on a daily basis, by acting as a central point of contact for these shareholders. S/he maintains a working knowledge of university and department policies and procedures related to university auxiliary services, academic issues; protection of minor's policy, and program delivery and operations. Reporting to the Director of High School Programs, the Parent and Student Services Advisor has duties that include but are not limited to:
Parent and Student Communication
- Serves as first point of contact for student and parent inquiries pertaining to courses, programs and services administered by the department.
- Understands and articulates program purposes, missions, goals, policies and procedures.
- Responds to inquiries about such matters as program/session dates, application status, campus life and new incoming First Year and Transfer Student Forms, travelling to campus, student Insurance, GOCard, Net ID and password resets, software platforms, housing, registration, requests for exception to policy, scholarships, and unusual problems or policy concerns as it relates to student accounts.
Performs liaison work with other Georgetown University divisions, including SCS Office of Admissions, Non-Credit Student Accounts, Office of Billing and Payment Services, University Information Services, GOCard Office, and SCS Office of Academic Affairs and Compliance.
Engages in proactive outreach and student pipeline management to convert students from admitted to registered students.
Social Media Management
Develops the social media calendar, including content creation, schedules content posts for social media campaigns using social media management software.
On-Campus Student and Parent Support
- Serves as point of contact for parents of students on campus by explaining emergency protocols related to student and parent concerns.
- Works closely with Summer Hoya, Summer Sessions, and academic staff to resolve issues related to students currently on campus.
- Logs student and parent inquiries for record maintenance.
- Performs student record transactions and maintenance to keep student records up to date, such as admissions application updating, registration transactions, updating student class lists, registration lists, and scholarship lists.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1 - 2 years customer service and or advising experience - preference for experience in a higher education setting
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Functional knowledge of Google Docs, with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets - preference for experience using Banner, Apply Yourself, and Destiny
- Excellent inter-personal, crisis management, organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals, and community development skills
- Strong attention to detail, and excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with partner offices, parents and students
- Availability and willingness to work during the day and evenings and designated weekends during the summer (May through August)
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.