10400 Detrick Avenue
4 Year Degree
This position is responsible for assisting Montgomery County HCAP and HOC referred homeless individuals/families annually with housing search and placement in affordable rental properties. Identify housing opportunities through a variety of community resources for furnishing, moving costs, securing deposits and application fees. Develop a positive working relationship with local landlords. Ensure the execution of leases and occupancy agreements as required. Assist clients in understanding the rental process, including applications and application fees for credit reports, criminal record checks, security deposits, etc. Assist in the design of workshops and seminars to help prospective tenants in understanding the housing search process. Input pertinent information into required databases. Make regular reports on progress toward successful housing placement. Advocates on behalf of clients. This is a 1 year term position renewal based on grant approval.
- Requires BA degree in Social Services or AA degree with two years experience or
- High School diploma with five years experience.
- Must possess strong writing and verbal skills.
- One year prior relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate well with a broad, diverse population, including special needs populations.
- Experience in real estate or sales a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must possess good driving record and have own vehicle.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted. Low-income residents in Montgomery County with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.