Senior Manager - Accounts Payable
Sparks Group has partnered with a dynamic government contractor that is seeking an Accounts Payable Senior Manager who is an organized professional with excellent reconciliation and customer service skills to join their corporate headquarters office in Fairfax, VA. This position reports into the Assistant Controller.
- Managing the processing of all invoices into Costpoint to include multiple business units and detailed projects as well as audit invoices for accuracy
- Review accounts payables invoices for accuracy in coding, tax accruals, signature approvals and appropriate backup documentation. Ensure all invoices are processed to ensure timely payments to vendors
- Manage the research and resolution of the day to day issues related to Accounts Payable inquiries
- Oversee the processing, scanning and filing of all invoices, support and checks on a weekly basis
- Perform monthly reconciliations of all AP/Expense related accounts
- Manage the internal and external audit requests
- Work closely with Assistant Controller to examine all processes and system, and provide recommendations for ways to create efficiencies
- Manage special projects and other duties as assigned by the AP Manager
- High school diploma
- 10+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Knowledge of full cycle accounts payable processes
- Knowledge of 1099 preparation
- Experience in a high volume Accounts Payable processing team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- AP experience in a commercial and government contracting environment
- Knowledge of DCAA rules and regulations
- Knowledge of Deltek T&E and Costpoint
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!