Technical Support Manager, Information Technology
The Technical Support Manager is the leader of the technical support group of the Information Technology Department and is responsible for the management of the United Nations Foundation’s desktop support staff; the delivery of technical support and services; and the overall satisfaction of our customers.
This is a role with a wide range of responsibilities. The position requires a learning mindset and a strong customer service background coupled with technical skills in all aspects of desktop support, network connectivity, audio/video conferencing, computer operating systems, mobile devices, cloud services, desktop hardware and software applications.
The key purpose of this role is to ensure excellent support to the UN Foundation’s staff. This role will also participate in evaluating emerging technologies and helping to align business processes with technology by recommending, implementing, and maintaining systems to support functional requirements of the UN Foundation.
- Manage, plan, prioritize, assign, review and participate in the work of the IT support team in delivery of customer support services including user assistance, troubleshooting, and training.
- Research, evaluate, recommend, plan, and implement various IT projects to support functional requirements of the United Nations Foundation.
- Act as the escalation point of contact for urgent and complicated support issues.
- Oversee and review the ticketing system and participate in root cause analysis of recurring issues.
- Train, coach, and mentor the IT support team.
- Develop new system and application implementation plans, scripts, and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
- Oversee the patch management and imaging systems to coordinate release management of software updates and upgrades.
- Develop effective IT processes and procedures.
- Administer Active Directory, Group Policy, and access management.
- Oversee and administer video conferencing, webinar platforms and associated equipment.
- Work with software and hardware vendors to coordinate production incident resolution, application enhancement, and production implementation.
- Management of internal communications for our customers on technology related issues; collaboration with communications staff.
- Establishment of effective and productive working relationships with staff at all levels within the United Nations Foundation.
- Plan, coordinate, and participate in off-hours project requirements as well as on-call support.
- Create documentation and knowledgebase articles for helpdesk staff as well as end users
- Excellent Customer Service skills including experience with user training, change management and adoption of new technical systems. This position requires a positive attitude, and the ability to communicate effectively and work with cross functional groups.
- 5+ years of progressive hands on experience in a complex environment performing network administration and user support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology related field and 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Operating system (Active directory environment), Microsoft Office 2016, and Office 365.
- Knowledge of current computer hardware, software, mobile devices, emerging technologies and trends in the IT and Non-Profit industries.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining standards, policies, and operational effectiveness of information technology user support staff.
- Experience working with a virtualized environment, virtual servers, SANs and NAS storage.
- Experience with Hybrid Cloud infrastructures like Office 365 with on-premise Active Directory
- Experience with VOIP technology, collaboration and video conferencing platforms like Skype for Business and Polycom HDX systems.
- Ability to multitask, work well under pressure and prioritize tasks to meet numerous operational deadlines.
- Must be available for occasional weekend and after hours work.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
For full-time employees we offer an excellent range of benefits, including a choice of two health plans through CareFirst (PPO or HDHP). Dental insurance, vision discount plan, Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Long-Term Care Insurance, Health Club Discounts, Commuter Benefits, and Employee Assistance Program.
12 Paid holidays, 4 weeks of vacation, 10 sick days, 3 personal days and 8 weeks of parental leave (mother or father). Access to the UNFCU Credit Union, 150% match on our 403b retirement plan, Flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts and discounted Zipcar membership
More searches like this
- Administrative Public Policy / Public Affairs jobs in Washington D.C.
- IT Architect Public Policy / Public Affairs jobs in Washington D.C.
- Database Administrator Public Policy / Public Affairs jobs in Washington D.C.
- Help Desk Technician Public Policy / Public Affairs jobs in Washington D.C.
- IT Public Policy / Public Affairs jobs in Washington D.C.