Payroll and Invoicing Specialist
Work with a fast-growing company in the government contracting industry that seeks an internal Payroll Specialist. Within this role, you'll directly support management with payroll. On a monthly basis, payroll invoice statements for multiple government contracts will be prepared for both labor and travel categories.
- Duties and responsibilities will overlap the Business Manager and Payroll Specialist to provide increased business continuity across multiple business areas
- Supports payroll and invoicing audits by providing information and answers to auditors
- Maintains financial security by adhering to internal controls
- Assist in month-end and year-end payroll and invoicing process
- Prepare and update Procas weekly journal and ledger entries
- Update Procas timesheets and accounting data as needed
- Update contracted budgeted hours into Procas by individual employee and projects
- Create Procas reports as requested
- Export Procas reports into MS EXCEL for customer reports and payroll submissions
- Prepare and review contract invoices for coding accuracy and completeness to support submittal by the Business Manager
- Process Procas employee expense reports by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Update and track bi-weekly Procas payroll spreadsheet from Insperity payroll data files
- Provide daily and weekly Procas hourly reports as requested by the customer to support budget monitoring
- Budget monitoring of 100+ contracts, 1000+ charge codes
- Assist with other projects as needed, cross train in the areas of business management, payroll and accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Finance, Payroll, Accounting or similar field
- 3 - 5 years’ experience
- 2+ years’ work experience with a government contractor preferred
- PROCAS accounting, payroll and reporting software experience required
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, sumif, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Must be analytical and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, with the ability to adapt to changing workflow
- Self-motivated, able to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Candidate should demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and deal with other departments and outside parties
- High level of accuracy
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!