Senior Developer and Architect
SENIOR DEVELOPER AND ARCHITECT
The Senior Developer and Architect will interact professionally, collaboratively, and strategically with the Digital Marketing Division of the Virginia Tourism Corporation, VTC, engaging and leveraging resources support where viable to accomplish the Division’s goals, and providing resource support as appropriate to other Units. The strongest application will have relevant programming experience, database management skills, and be well versed in content management systems architecture.
- Responsible for usability and technical accuracy of customer-facing websites
- Responsible for development and implementation of new website components
- Maintains and develops code for the existing Sitecore CMS environment
- Maintains and implements new Sitecore functionality as needed
- Creates and maintains technical documentation
- Develop components for use within a Sitecore CMS using .net based languages
- Database management and design for VTC websites and CRM
- 5+ years of IT industry experience.
- 5+ years in Microsoft .Net Development
- 3+ years’ experience with Sitecore CMS
- Experience working with a creative team
- Experience in agile development
- Experience architecting new solutions.
- Database development and design experience is desired
- UX and UI design skills are desired
- Experience with WordPress, PHP and MySQL is desired
- Communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing
- Considerable experience in the use of Microsoft Windows environment
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Familiarity with the Virginia travel product
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- .Net MVC certification is desired
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
All candidates may apply through our website http://www.vatc.org/administration/employment/
Application deadline: March 30, 2018