- Full Time
The National Business Group on Health (The Business Group) is the nation’s only non-profit organization devote exclusively to representing large employers’ perspective on national health policy issues and helping companies optimize business performance through health improvement, innovation and health care management. The Business Group’s mission is to keep its membership on the leading edge of innovation, thinking and action to address health care cost and delivery, financing, affordability and consumer experience with the health care system. The Business Group is comprised of over 400 members, mostly Fortune 500 companies, providing health care coverage for more than 50 million workers worldwide. The Business Group offers competitive salaries based on experience and education and has competitive benefits for employees including a generous 403(b) employer match, tuition reimbursement, 100% public transportation subsidy, generous time off, and a flexible work schedule.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated Membership Assistant to join our organization. In this position, you will assist both the Membership and Global Health departments on tasks related to the member database, website updates, meeting planning, invoicing, and other duties as assigned. The Assistant works in conjunction with all staff and reports to the Vice President of Membership and the Vice President of the Global departments. This position is based in Washington, DC.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a complete and accurate database of all member records (currently Microsoft CRM), including current and prospective member accounts and contacts. Organizes and maintains various member files, tracking lists, mailing lists, e-groups and member participation reporting system (both Excel and CRM). Tracks event participation, such as forum meetings, surveys and calls in CRM.
- Continuously follows up with undeliverable e-mail recipients to identify the cause and keep the CRM database and member directories accurate.
- Maintains and updates website publication database with Business Group resources. Keeps current the on-line career center page, member spotlight page, on-line and off-line member lists as well as the on-line Global Forum list, all Global meeting documents and member rosters and company locations database.
- Assists in the membership renewal and invoicing process for NBGH and GBGH members by preparing mail merges, e-mailing reminders and mailing out hard-copies of dues invoices. Tracks and documents the entire membership renewal process and any related interactions. Records payment dates and sends out confirmation/thank you notes.
- Drafts and sends Global meeting reminder emails, coordinating with Meeting Department and NY-based hotels when applicable. Tracks RSVPs and sends final numbers to meeting department and/or external stakeholders when necessary. Assists with DC-based Global meetings, welcoming members, providing assistance with webinar and phone tasks, set-up and clean-up. Works with team to print, assemble and mail/post all meeting materials.
- Manages the production and distribution of the annual membership honor roll publication.
- Acts as a back-up for distribution of e-Newsletters through Act On.
- Manages logistical aspect of new member welcome procedures including creating all CRM records and distributing of welcome e-mails.
- Assist Global team with loading surveys on SurveyMonkey technology.
- Processes and approves various vendor invoices.
- Operates video-teleconferencing equipment during meetings with members.
- Assists the Membership and Global teams and other staff members with special projects and other administrative tasks as needed and when workload permits.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma; associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business, administration, or related field preferred.
- Two years of experience in a customer service or administrative role.
- Superior member/customer service skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Prior experience handling administrative responsibilities.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite; High proficiency in Outlook and Excel a must. Proficiency in CRM or other membership database desired.
- Highly organized multi-tasker who works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Positive attitude.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, salary requirements and resume.
Apply for Membership Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly