Lighting Support Coordinator
Are you tired of looking for a job? Do you want to start your CAREER? If you answered yes to both of these questions, Colonial Electric Supply Company, Inc. wants you! We believe in a People First strategy that includes career development and advancement. Warehouse Associate roles are the first step to a successful long term career with Colonial Electric. We have many career Warehouse Associates who focus on safety, quality and servicing our customers through operational excellence. We also have many stories of advancement through our warehouse including roles in sales, management and even executive leadership! If you are tired of looking for your next job and want to start your career apply today!
Colonial is the premier wholesale electrical supply distributor in the tri-state area. We are family-owned and operated with a 350,000 square-foot Customer Service Center, 18 regional locations, 500 employees and 70 delivery vehicles! Colonial Electric has earned a reputation as the region’s most capable and service-oriented electrical distributor. We are committed to providing an extensive, in-stock product inventory, rapid delivery, technical support and competitive pricing -- while continuously improving everything we do. Colonial's strength comes from our winning team of employees.
Summary: The Lighting Support Coordinator has the responsibility to assist the Project Manager by executing clerical and administrative functions for service delivery on large, [construction project-based] Lighting orders. The successful candidate has the ability to review and input data into proprietary software (JobTrack) in an efficient and timely manner. Additionally, the Lighting Support Coordinator will be diligent in assisting the Project Manager with administrative functions such as follow-up, managing delivery dates and interacting with customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reach out to vendors via email and phone to ensure correct ship dates and times
- Proficiency in JobTrack software and data entry functions
- Attend internal meetings and conference calls; take meeting minutes and distribute to stakeholders
- Assist the Project Manager in all follow-through activities with customers, manufacturers and vendors, including but not limited to following up with quote requests.
- Assist in providing updates of project information and shipping schedules to customers
- Assist in the processing of project change orders with suppliers and customers
- Assist in ensuring timely completion of processing returned products and freight claims including following up with carriers and coordinating delivery
- Assist the Project Manager in anticipating and successfully resolve customer inquiries and complaints
- Ability to use computing skills and knowledge to complete required job tasks
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1-2+ years of customer service experience
- Strong administrative skills
- Highly organized individual
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Post Secondary School including associates programs and technical school graduates or High school diploma or general education degree (GED)with one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong technical aptitude
Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Great career opportunity with room for advancement