Information Technology Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS), Enterprise Applications group-located on the Fairfax, Va., campus--invites applications for a Systems Analyst/Developer on our Technical Projects and Information Services team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: User/system requirement gathering and analysis, preparing related specifications and technical documents, development/coding and configuration of software systems and as well as performing tasks related to documentation and project management activities. Serve as backup/support to other team members in support of existing systems (COTS & in-house) and other similar related tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with web design/development technologies, techniques and best practices as well as security standards and techniques to improve stability and security of new and existing systems;
- Understanding of responsive design, service oriented architecture (Web Service/API creation and consumption using the SOAP and REST methods);
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as: PHP, C#/Razor, ASP, ASP.NET, JAVA, XML, HTML, DHTML, HTML5, CSS, JQuery;
- Proficiency with one or more commonly used development tools, preferably MS Visual Studio, Drupal, WordPress etc.;
- Competence in delivering dynamic web content from relational database systems;
- Development experience using standard system lifecycle methodologies;
- Experience with user interface issues pertaining to navigation, usability and functionality;
- Understanding of and demonstrated ability to validate compliance with accessibility related standards (W3C, ADA, Section 508, etc.);
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively with users at all technical levels;
- Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to assess priorities in meeting multiple deadlines;
- Ability and willingness to acquire new knowledge/skills and lead/train/assist other staff on projects as needed;
- Experience and knowledge of best practices related to user requirements gathering and analysis, technical writing/specification and documentation to assist with methodology implementation/enforcement efforts; and
- Good understanding of business process analysis and mapping.
- Experience with Higher Education ERP systems such as Banner;
- Knowledge and experience with CRM platforms such as SalesForce;
- Experience in graphics design with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or other design software;
- Experience with mobile (Apple and/or Android) development; and
- Project management skills and/or certification.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 01917z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by April 16, 2018; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information to include email address and phone number.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :