Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
George Mason University Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) seeks a full-time, experienced Psychologist (1.0 FTE, with benefits). George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Counseling and Psychological Services promotes campus safety, emotional growth and academic success for a diverse student body. The unit provides culturally sensitive mental health and educational services, prevention programming and community education, and training for emerging mental health professionals.
- Provides full range of clinical services including individual and group counseling, initial consultations, crisis intervention including after-hours consultation, and case management services;
- Provides consultation services to students/faculty/staff/family/others;
- Provides prevention, community education and outreach programming;
- Participates in training activities such as providing individual supervision, co-leading and supervising therapy groups, providing trainee seminars, and contributing in the trainee selection processes;
- Coordinates referrals between CAPS and university or community service providers;
- Works collaboratively and cooperatively with other mental health professionals on CAPS multidisciplinary staff and other university departments and organizations;
- Reviews client records to determine the progress, effectiveness, and appropriateness of treatment services offered;
- Maintains current, accurate and timely clinical documentation in accordance with state and federal law, professional ethics, and CAPS policies;
- Attends and participates in departmental and division meetings and staff development programs as assigned;
- Participates on CAPS and university committees as assigned; and
- Additional duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude supervisor from assigning specific duties not listed above if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
- Ph.D. or Psy.D in Clinical or Counseling Psychology;
- Licensed as a psychologist in Virginia or license-eligible within one year of appointment; and
- Demonstrated knowledge, ability and experience effectively working with diverse populations.
- Graduation from an APA accredited doctoral program and completion of APA accredited internship;
- At least one year of experience providing mental health services to college students or late adolescents;
- Experience providing clinical consultation with campus and/or key stakeholders;
- Experience providing clinical supervision;
- Experience working with student athletes; and
- Fluency in another language in addition to English, particularly Mandarin and Spanish.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA790Z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter that identifies your interest and qualifications for this position, a resume/CV, and a list of three professional references with contact information. This position will remain open until filled. For questions, candidates may contact Nina Joshi, Office Manager, at 703-993-2380.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :