- Prepare monthly journal entries and month end closing reporting.
- Performs detailed account analysis / reconciliations to ensure appropriate accounting for transactions and account balances
- Resolve discrepancies
- Prepare monthly sales tax and annual BPOL tax schedules for the state, county and local authorities
- Assist with the internal and external audits
- Perform special projects as needed and provide support to the accounting team
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Capable of multi-tasking and good time management so all deadlines are met.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- 1-3 years of experience
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Organizational skills and ability to move fluidly in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.