Senior Coastal Engineer
2 days left
- Full Time
Dewberry has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Coastal Engineer in our expanding coastal resilience practice. The successful candidate will provide technical and project management leadership for coastal engineering and flood resilience projects. The candidate will be primarily engaged in a strong backlog of compelling resilience projects, but will also support business development and further growth of the service area. The individual will engage with a diverse group of passionate water resources professionals to provide high-quality, integrated solutions to our clients. Project geography will primarily be along east coast Atlantic U.S and experience in those geographies is preferred; however, the position will also support project work across the U.S. coast as opportunities arise.
Candidates should have proven project experience with coastal hydraulic modeling, structural design and evaluation of design alternatives with working knowledge of resilience concepts and integrated solutions. Other desired project experience required for this position includes: structural protection, coastal hazard and risks assessments, bank stabilization, scour analysis, levee analysis, artificial reefs, water control structures, dune restoration, shoreline protection, marsh creation, sediment diversions, and hydrologic diversions and restoration. Modeling experience with ADCIRC/SWAN, MIKE-21, Delft3D, etc. is highly preferred.
- Proven experience with project delivery for multiple Federal, State and local coastal agencies/clients, specific experience with USACE, FEMA, USGS, NOAA strongly preferred
- Lead and support coastal planning, engineering, modeling, design, construction, marine structure, and resilience studies or projects
- Provide technical leadership for coastal engineering and numerical modeling efforts
- Manage projects and/or project teams on an as-needed basis
- Lead and support business development for coastal engineering services with experience with strategic and tactical business planning
- Knowledgeable with coastal market trends, technical issues and leading industry subject matter experts
- Provides technical guidance and mentorship to junior staff
- Experience establishing design wave and water level parameters for structural design
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in coastal, ocean or marine engineering or related field
- Experience with publications in relevant industry journals preferred
- P.E., or ability to obtain P.E. within 12 months of hire
- 5-10 years practical experience in the field
- Experience with supervising staff preferred
- Proven ability to lead and collaborate with project teams
- Candidate must have exceptional writing and communication skills
- Client focus, marketing and business development skills
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.