Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is seeking a Buyer for our corporate headquarters located in Fairfax, VA. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the selected candidate will support the purchasing and sourcing processes to ensure best overall pricing and availability for material and services. The Buyer shall conduct business in accordance with the standard operating procedures of this organization and/or in accordance with company best practices.
- Receive and review requisitions for completeness and clarity
- Provides market research on specified commodities
- Screen suppliers
- Prepare purchase orders, select suppliers, and place orders
- Expedite the order fulfillment process and determine deliveries dates
- Communicate discrepancies within the receipt process (2-way & 3-way match)
- Reconcile invoices against purchasing database
- Close out purchase orders
- Act as the primary POC for all internal purchasing inquiries
- Negotiate with suppliers and file claims as needed
- Responsible for the quality & accuracy of data within the purchasing database
- Oversee and manage special projects as assigned
- Oversee the supply chain management of Dewberry’s pre-printed material program
- Administers corporate FedEx Ship Manager
- Supports the day to day procurement activities for requisition exempt purchases that apply to the Purchasing Department
Required Skills & Required Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-5 years professional experience in Procurement, Finance, Accounting, and/or Supply Chain Management field
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written with co-workers, all levels of Dewberry staff, and suppliers
- Ability to perform data entry functions with high rate of accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- General knowledge of Microsoft suite including Excel ,Word and PowerPoint
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.