Software Asset Management Analyst
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is currently seeking a Software Asset Management Analyst to join our IT department in our Fairfax, VA office. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join and support a team of outstanding professionals. This position offers the opportunity to apply the latest technology and tactics to help our Staff meet and exceed the expectations of our clients.
- Maintain open source and commercial software inventory with legally approved terms and conditions from vendors ensuring that corporate legal has approved to ensure software compliance, and ensure renewals are completed in advance of the renewal dates.
- Respond to requests from software owners, end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT software asset management information.
- Maintain situational awareness of all IT assets and employ unified and integrated asset inventory management linking individual hardware equipment, assigned software, the primary end user and organization/location information together.
- Assist in enterprise license true-up and reconciliation.
- Monitor supplier performance; under the direction of the Software Asset Manager, work with suppliers on issue management.
- Collect and maintain accurate software licensing information in repositories to address budgeting, software compliance and inventory, contracts, and cost analysis.
- Monitor software lifecycle management to ensure proper maintenance and warranty tracking of all software assets across the enterprise.
- Develop processes and procedures to automate the collection, storage and reporting of key software data. Create dashboards for on-demand visibility of key asset management statistics.
- Validate knowledge-base entries to ensure consistency of processes.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- BA/BS IT/IS Management, Contract or Vendor Management, or 5 to 10 years of experience of an equivalent combination of education and experience in software asset management, sourcing, procurement or software contract management in the technology sector.
- IAITAM certifications, Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) and Certified ITIL Foundation or a strong knowledge of Software Asset Management principals / practices preferred.
- Understanding of asset management tools and technologies. Preferred experience with Ivanti Management Suite and LANDesk Service Desk or Ivanti Heat.
- Knowledge of product use rights for Microsoft EA licensing additional prior licensing experience should include Microsoft O365, Adobe, Autodesk, Bentley, and VMware products.
- Vendor management and Service Level Agreement management experience.
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving skills, including the ability to accumulate, organize, and assimilate large amounts of information.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Technical documentation abilities.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.