Environmental Scientist (Part-time)
2 days left
- Full Time
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry Consultants LLC Water Resources Engineering Department in Fairfax, Virginia has an immediate opening for a Part-time Environmental Scientist with a background permitting for transportation and land development projects. The successful candidate will have 10+ years of experience, wetlands certification or equivalent experience.
- Plan and conduct field delineations of wetlands and Waters of the US
- Prepare delineation reports, functional assessments, mitigation plans, and jurisdictional determinations
- Prepare permit applications under Sections 404/401 of the Clean Water Act
- Coordinate with state, federal, and local regulators as appropriate
- Conduct vegetation and wildlife habitat surveys
- Conduct threatened and endangered species surveys
- Research and write NEPA documents
- Prepare consultations with the US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Prepare Section 106 consultations with the State Historic Preservation Officer
- Conduct permit compliance monitoring and assist in conducting environmental site assessments
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microstation and /or GIS.
Required Skills & Required Experience
Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, biology, geology or a related field with 10+ years of related experience. Successful candidate must also posses excellent communication skills (oral and written), working knowledge MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Jobs and locations may require overnight travel and ability to walk over uneven terrain while carrying heavy equipment. Local Virginia, Maryland and/or District of Columbia experience and certified arborist are a plus.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.