Chief Financial Officer/ Treasurer
ABOUT THE FAIR LABOR ASSOCIATION
The Fair Labor Association (FLA) is a multi-stakeholder initiative that combines the efforts of industry, civil society organizations, and colleges and universities to promote and protect workers’ rights and to improve working conditions globally through adherence to international standards. The FLA is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has offices in Geneva, Switzerland and Shanghai, China. For more information, visit www.fairlabor.org.
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Chief Financial Officer/Treasurer plans, organizes, and directs the overall financial and administrative activities of the FLA. S/he is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and will review and formulate policy and institute strategic plans with the guidance of the President/CEO and the Board of Directors.
• Work closely with President/CEO to ensure clarity around long term funding requirements and financial stability of the organization.
• Direct cash flow planning, investment, asset management, and ensure availability of funds.Works closely with the Accounting Manager to ensure relevant and reliable financial reporting and a robust internal control structure.
• Ensure legal, regulatory compliance and best business practices for all financial functions.
• Design and implement financial systems that meet the needs of a growing organization.
• Direct the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
• Work closely and transparently with all external partners including audit firm, banking institutions, financial and other consultants, as well as vendors.
• Staff Liaison to the Finance and Audit Committees.
• Facilitate the annual budget planning process.
• Direct and administer all financial plans and budgets; and monitor progress.
• Develop financial business plans and forecasts; analyze program effectiveness and model growth projections.
• In conjunction with the President/CEO facilitate strategic planning process.
• Monitor organizational performance with regard to plan.
• Office Planning - negotiation of leases, ensuring adequate program and administrative space need, etc.
• Oversee compliance function and ensure organization is meeting all necessary legal requirements.
• Maintain appropriate insurance policies for the organization and its facilities.
• Oversee the implementation of new technology and IT best practices.
Risk Management – work closely with the President to minimize exposure to risk.
DIRECT SUPERVISION EXERCISED:
• Accounting Manager
• Finance/HR Associate (Geneva)
• Office Manager (DC)
• Office Manager/Finance Associate (Shanghai)
• Bachelors in Accounting/Finance required.
• MBA or CPA preferred.
• At least 10 years’ experience in a leadership role , preferably in a nonprofit organization.
• Experience in a senior role, partnering with senior staff, resulting in the development and implementation of robust financial management system.
• Experience with federal grant compliance.
• Experience with accounting software packages and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated leadership ability in a flexible, team oriented, and high growth environment
Apply online at Careers at FLA