INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROJECT MANAGER (SENIOR IT PROJECT MANAGER )
Occasional travel - Travel May Be Required 1-5 Nights Per Month
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
.You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GS-15 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. This experience must include Information Technology (IT) related experience that demonstrates each of the following four competencies: 1) Attention to Detail, 2) Customer Service, 3) Oral Communication and 4) Problem Solving. Specialized experience for this position includes experience that demonstrated accomplishment of computer project assignments that required a wide range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques pertinent to the position to be filled. This knowledge is generally demonstrated through assignments that required the ability to analyze a number of alternative approaches in the process of advising management concerning major aspects of IT system design. This would include defining what system interrelationships must be considered, or what operating mode, system software, and/or equipment configuration is most appropriate for a given project.
In addition to the above you must meet the requirements below:
At this level, you must demonstrate knowledge of and skill in applying expert project management knowledge, and the ability to lead projects including methods, metrics, tools, and techniques of business process reengineering, contracting and/or procurement. Ability to work with cost-benefit analysis methods, achievement strategies, tools of quality assurance and quality control. Proficient knowledge of the architecture and typology of software, hardware, and networks, including LANS, WANS, and telecommunications systems, and systems life cycle management. Your experience must also include Leadership and Team building, Decision-Making, Reasoning, and Problem Solving.
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or VolunteerService. One year of experience refers to full-timework; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- TOD Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 4:30pm
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- 1-year probationary period is required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Undergo an income tax verification.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Attention To Detail, Interpersonal Skills, Oral Communication/Speaking, Organizational Awareness, Planning and Evaluating, Problem Solving, Project Management, Technology Awareness. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, (i.e., A = Superior, B = Highly Qualified, C= Qualified) depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you must receive a rating of category B or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
This is a 12 month open continuous announcement that will be used to fill positions IT-Wide throughout the next 12 months. We are projecting approximately 35 vacancies may be filled during the life of this register. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, one or more vacancies may be filled in the individual PODs listed in this announcement . It is anticipated that there will be a significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will have a cut-off date of 03/27/18 for initial applicant consideration. This announcement may be closed early if sufficient applicants apply to fill the anticipated vacancies. Eligible applicants in the highest category who apply by the initial cut-off date will be considered first . If additional vacancies exist, applicants who applied after the initial cut-date who place in the highest category will be considered next.
To preview questions please click here.