American International Contractors, Inc (AICI) has established itself as one of the leading American construction firms in the Middle East, Northern Africa and Europe. Our major clients include U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of State and US Agency for International Development (USAID). We continue to win important contracts and projects throughout the region and require quality personnel to meet our corporate goals. We have a culture of innovation where our employees can make a difference and are looking for dynamic individuals to come and join our team. Our employees are our most valuable resource, and we strive to ensure that every one of them is treated as such. In keeping with this philosophy we offer a competitive benefits package including: Health insurance (medical, dental, vision), paid federal holidays, long- and short- term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, and a 401K matching program.
AICI is searching for a hands on Assistant Controller to work full-time out of our Arlington, Virginia Headquarters. Experience working for a construction company or a Government contractor is a plus.
PRIMARY FUNCTION :
Interacts with overseas offices, including Parent Company, Regional Office and Project Site locations. Manages the financial activities of AICI, including preparation of current financial reports, as well as summaries and forecasts for future business growth and general economic outlook. Ensures that the systems and procedures are in place to protect AICI’s financial assets and manages the Company’s financial liabilities in order for the company to have the financial resources to fulfill its business plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Treasury role
- Assist and coordinate with the Regional Financial Manager to manage AICI’s cash flow.
- In coordination with Archirodon Group NV (AGNV- the Parent Company) Treasury Department in Athens, Greece, maintain relationships with Brokers and Surety Companies and prepare relevant documentation. Specifically, ensure that bonds are closed as quickly as possible once projects are completed.
- Monitor outstanding amounts and limits (including intercompany balances, Letters of Credit, Letters of Guarantee, Sureties etc.). – In coordination with the AICI Regional Office in Cairo, Egypt, Project sites, and AGNV Treasury Department in Athens, Greece
- Execute transfers and payments to suppliers through international and local banks.
B. Finance, tax and reporting role
- Perform hands on, day to day accounting functions for AICI, including preparation and maintenance of general ledgers and journals, process vendor invoices, and maintenance of the financial filing system/records
- Maintain and monitor business licenses, multi-state registrations, insurance coverages, and administration activities.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly internal management reports to ensure accuracy, integrity, and their timely completion
- Identify possible issues and provide clarifications, solutions and support to the Regional Finance Manager with regards to any accounting, tax, reporting, financial, cash flow and other related matters that may arise.
- Carry out ad hoc projects as directed by the Regional Finance Manager and Corporate Finance Department with regards to financial, reporting, tax and cash flow related issues and monitor the production of special management reports.
- Ensure compliance with legislative and local authorities’ policies, regulations and requirements regarding accounting, tax and other financial or related issues.
- Cooperate closely with external auditors, tax consultants and provide effective interaction with IRS as required.
- Participate in the budget preparation process by coordinating the activities of AICI
- Process bi-weekly payroll using ADP
- Keep and maintain all legal and corporate documents to operate AICI and take action on all corporate documents (e.g. Board of Directors’ minutes)
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within accounting/finance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (especially Excel); knowledge of Sage Account Software is a plus
- Excellent planning, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Works well independently
- Courteous, professional, diplomatic.
- Exercises a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- International construction industry experience interacting with various diverse cultures
PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS: Reaching above and below, stooping and bending. Lifting/carrying/moving 1 to 15 pounds of weight in the form of paper, boxes, files, etc. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, filing, and perform specialized skills. Requires a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office environment. Flexibility with hours is required.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals assigned this position. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the position.