Finance and Operations Manager
FINANCE AND OPERATIONS MANAGER
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The Finance and Operations Manager reports to the Chief Marketing Officer and provides financial and operational management as well as support for the Brand and Communications division at Conservation International. The manager focuses on budget development and oversight, financial monitoring and accounting, donor and grant management functions. S/He will also support divisional operations, including administrative, IT, legal and human resources functions in collaboration with these divisions within CI. The manager ensures that sound donor and grant management policies and practices are adopted and implemented. S/he leads budget and revenue forecasting efforts, provides administrative support and develops short and long-term budgets and financial projections to ensure divisional management has the timely and relevant financial information needed to make informed decisions. The position is accountable for ensuring operational functions are in compliance with CI’s policies and procedures.
Budget Management & Facilitation:
- Work with Brand and Communications leadership team members to create and manage annual budget.
- Maintain and monitor budgets, reconciling expenses, and prepare financial reports and analyses for divisional leadership regularly and upon request.
- Attend monthly meetings with the CFO and other Finance Staff to report on divisional budget status.
- Manage the divisional annual planning process, with an emphasis on facilitating the development of the annual budget and corresponding divisional goals.
- Develop and manage grant or project specific budgets as needed with divisional leadership.
- Make recommendations for cost-savings as appropriate and ensure the effective and efficient stewardship of CI’s financial resources.
- Ensure compliance with all CI policies and procedures.
General Operations and Administrative Support:
- Act as office manager for Brand and Communications divisions and ensure high quality and thoroughness of all operations services and communications with the division. Work closely with CI’s operations, IT, legal, and HR teams on issues including, but not limited to, the division’s use of space, management of equipment and technology, use of supplies, meeting management, safety protocols, human resources procedures, etc.
- Process divisional invoices and other daily accounting responsibilities for the division.
- Help to process and approve expense reports, invoices, timesheets and other divisional paperwork.
- Organize divisional staff meetings as needed in collaboration with CMO.
- Oversee the administration of all Brand and Communications vendor and consulting contracts through the contract development, approval, management and close-out process.
- Work closely with divisional points of contact, finance’s Grants and Contracts Management team and the General Counsel’s Office to follow institutional procurement processes, draft agreements using CI-approved templates, collect needed paperwork from vendors, and process them electronically through workflow.
- Process payments against contracts and close out contracts internally when complete.
Proposal Development & Donor Management:
- Prepare proposal budgets to ensure compliance with donor requirements and CI policies and procedures, as well as accurate spending projections.
- Oversee the processing of grants for the division including grant registration, budget creation and monitoring, donor reporting and grant close-out.
- Work with Corporate Partner Marketing team and General Counsel’s Office to identify and manage all cause-related marketing agreements.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Typical office environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or related field.
- At least four years related professional experience.
- Experience in budget preparation and management, and various financial transactions.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently review and analyze detailed information.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate goals, problems, and recommend solutions for a variety of budget and operational situations.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills.
- Self-directed problem solver.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all level employees in a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues and information.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Experience in creating and managing contracts and grants.
- Previous experience with non-profit accounting strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with communications industry helpful.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter.
Conservation International is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of CI to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. CI offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. If you require an application accommodation due to a disability, please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "accommodation" in the subject line.