Technical Advisor, Network Operations
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
This role is primarily responsible for developing and executing complex Network Operations service management projects in coordination with Intelsat Engineering, IT, and Product teams
- Provide advisory and support functions to department head across all facets of activities
- Support development and execution of outsourcing and partnership initiatives including execution of external support procurements by generating RFPs, SOWs, and contract documentation.
- Support development and implementation of operational transformation initiatives geared towards enhancing operational excellence, improved customer experience, and operational readiness for new product introduction
- Assist in development of Strategic Roadmaps and Plans to drive to vision
- Support specific department initiatives as Business Owner
- Serve as liaison for Network Operations to other functional areas addressing service models, including supporting key sales initiatives with proposal preparation and costing development
- Identify and bridge gaps between plans and initiatives
- Communicate consistently and effectively both internally and externally
- Provide risk analysis and mitigation functions
- Support development of executive level reviews, dashboards, metrics, reports, etc. across initiatives
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree preferred with a minimum of 12 years of Engineering or operational experience in Telecom or other globally-based technology systems
- Program Management, System Engineering/Architecture, Customer skills. Strong technology generalist who can grasp the big-picture and lead change initiatives
- Demonstrated enterprise leadership and influencing stakeholder skills
- Profound knowledge of business, strategizing, and analysis techniques
- Systems perspective
- Possess technical competence with tools, software, operations, and project management
- Outstanding written, oral, & communication skills
- Strong emotional intelligence, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Collaborative attitude and nature
- Ability to make decisions, drive for results, and be proactive
- Strong ability to lead multiple initiatives
- Highly resourceful and trustworthy
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- Please review the job bidding by current employees section in the employee handbook prior to applying for this position, thank you.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.