Duties: Responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of all HVAC equipment and controls in City buildings. Performs regularly scheduled preventative maintenance of HVAC units. Responds to and diagnoses mechanical system trouble calls. Maintains and repairs heating, ventilation, and cooling units and ice machines. Plans and leads HVAC projects, prepares bid documents and reviews proposals. Prepares requisitions and estimates. Maintains HVAC project schedules and records of expenditures, materials used, tasks completed, accidents and injuries. Writes scope of work and estimates cost for repair/replacement needs. Maintains comprehensive documentation of services and repairs.
- High School diploma or GED
- Completion of an approved HVAC apprentice program or four years of progressively responsible experience.
- Four years of experience at the journeyman level, including two years directing the activities of other skilled HVAC Mechanics or an equivalent combination of education and experience totaling eight years.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- On-Call Maintenance Team participation, which requires employee to live within 60 miles of City Hall.
- Universal CFC Certification.
- Master HVAC license issued by State of Maryland (DLLR).
How to Apply:
please visit the city’s website at: www.cityofbowie.org and click on the employment link.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
All applicants MUST submit a completed City of Bowie employment application in order to be considered for this opportunity.
The City of Bowie is a drug and alcohol-testing employer. EOE