Housing Operations Coordinator
4 days left
- Full Time
The Housing Operations Coordinator (HOC) is a live-in graduate staff member that assists with the overall management of campus operations in order to support the holistic development of students in a Catholic liberal arts tradition.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support of the StarRez Housing Management software system
- Support of residential facilities maintenance, ID and parking support
- Dining liaison
- Support of departmental website and social media sites
- Crisis On-call support as part of the primary duty rotation.
The HOC will maintain twenty office hours per week during normal business hours.
This is a graduate level, ten month academic year appointment with the option of extending to twelve month depending on departmental need.
This position begins August 1 and concludes the last day in May.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree (B.A/B.S) from a four year college or university.
- A desire to work with college students and assist with their growth and development is a must.
- The ability to work in a team setting as well as independently with autonomy is needed.
- A successful candidate will live out the values of integrity, trust and honesty.
- As part of this position, university housing is provided. Therefore, the HOC will live on campus in his/her provided housing. Our HOC position does not accommodate for the ability to share his/her living space with a roommate, partner or spouse
Skills and/or Abilities:
- Experience with advising student organizations, working on campus, social media, and effective oral and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent organizational skills as well as attention to detail.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Preference will be given to those candidates engaged in a higher education Masterâ€™s program including: college student personnel or higher education administration.
1-2 years experience with managing and developing data management systems
Enrollment in a Masterâ€™s degree program, either at Marymount University or a local accredited university or college.
Special Notes to Applicants
Please be prepared to submit a list of references along with their relevant contact information.
Application materials must be received by
Open Until Filled Yes
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes the liberal arts, career preparation, and personal and professional development. A diverse and welcoming learning community, Marymount serves nearly 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The universityâ€™s location in suburban Arlington, Virginia, offers easy access to the rich resources of the nationâ€™s capital. Marymount University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.