- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
0185- Social Worker
0610- Nurse Consultant
To be found qualified in the 0185 Series:
Basic Requirement for GS-0185-11 Social Worker: A Master's degree (or higher degree) in social work in a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
Specialized Experience:One year of specialized experience which includes extensive professional knowledge and skills of advanced concepts, principles, and practices to provide clinical case management, care coordination, and discharge/disposition planning; provide professional advice/recommendations to medical clinics and physicians in providing the best possible care to patients in the most economical manner; and exercise independent professional judgment to help resolve administrative issues. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS-09 grade/level or equivalent in the federal service. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
To be found qualified in the 0610 Series:
Basic Requirement for GS-0610-11 Nurse Consultant:
Education: A graduate or higher level degree, bachelor's degree, associate degree, or diploma from an accredited professional nursing educational program is required. This education must have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs, Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
Must have passed the National Council Licensure Examination. In addition, they must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a professional nurse from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements for the 0610 Series above, to qualify as a GS-0610-11 Nurse Consultant you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Successful completion of a PhD or equivalent doctoral degree from a professional nursing educational program or related medical science field;
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes extensive professional knowledge and skills of advanced concepts, principles, and practices to provide clinical case management, care coordination, and discharge/disposition planning; provide professional advice/recommendations to medical clinics and physicians in providing the best possible care to patients in the most economical manner; and exercise independent professional judgment to help resolve administrative issues. The definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS-09 grade/level or equivalent in the federal service.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-09 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Knowledge of professional clinical case management functions: a) Assessment: Identification of patients for clinical case management; comprehensive collection of patient information and medical status; and continued evaluation of an established plan of care; b) Planning: Collaboration with the patient, family/caregiver, primary provider, and other members of the health care team for developing an effective plan of care; c) Facilitation: Care coordination and communication among all involved parties; and d) Advocacy: Support for the patient and family/caregivers to ensure identified education and appropriate, timely care is received.
- Knowledge of medical facility organization, mission, purpose, philosophy, and objectives as well as those of the Case Management Society of America (CMSA), American Nursing Association (ANA) for nurses, National Association of Social Workers (NASW) for social workers, The Joint Commission (TJC), Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), Health Service Inspection (HSI) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA).
- Knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD), Federal, State, non-profit Healthcare systems, and organizations, to include DoD Tri-Service Military Healthcare Systems, TRICARE purchased care system, Medicare, Medicaid, and the Department of Veterans Affairs, along with basic knowledge of coding principles and practices.
- Skill in analyzing data defining health care needs of a defined population using standardized assessment tools and operating computer programs and databases such as Excel, Access, Word, etc.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and expertise in resolving complicated healthcare, social, interpersonal and financial patient situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with a diverse group of individuals.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities (click "Learn more about this agency" button above) to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" or equivalent eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Incentives: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Read more Security clearance Q - Nonsensitive