RESEARCH FACULTY MEMBER
All applicants must be U.S. citizens and are subject to a thorough background inquiry.
1. Experience with research design and methodology expertise mentoring and evaluating advanced Intelligence Community research projects.
2. Experience crafting effective recommendations for highly complex or sensitive situations that incorporate strategic direction and identifying the impact of the recommendation.
3. Experience publishing original research in peer reviewed journals or other professional outlets.
4. Able to manage individual student research and/or conduct original research projects.
5. Engages with the IC to bring the most current issues in intelligence to the classroom and to the research efforts of faculty and students.
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
1. Terminal degree (Ph.D.) in Political Science, Area Studies, International Security Studies or a related field with a regional specialty in Asia or Asia-Pacific region.
2. Demonstrated skills in relevant foreign language(s).
3. Experience leading collaborative teams of scholars conducting national security research.
Individual Occupational Requirements
All Applicants must meet the following minimum qualification requirements in order to be considered for this position:
A. Successful completion of a full four-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included or was supplemented by major study in education or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position.
B. Combination of education and experience----courses equivalent to a major in education, or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position, plus appropriate experience or additional course work that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the four-year course study described in A above.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
In addition to meeting the basic entry qualification requirements, applicants must have experience that demonstrates possession of the broad range and depth of knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the occupation or specialty at or equivalent to the next lower grade.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your application must include sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position to which you are applying. To view this position's requirements, click Vacancies to be directed to DIA's online application system. Please make note of the position title and 6-digit Job Opening ID number to which you are interested. You can scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the announcement or click on the “Advanced Search” link and enter in the 6-digit Job Opening ID number in the “Job Opening ID” field.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI