STUDENT TRAINEE (COMPUTER)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
• Must be in good academic standing as defined by the educational institution.
• A signed participant agreement is required for employment under Pathways.
• Enrolled at least half-time at a qualifying educational institution.
To qualify for the USDA Pathways Internship Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must show proof of enrollment for current semester.
- Must have at least one year of academic study remaining toward completion of current academic degree.
- Must submit unofficial transcript(s). Official transcript(s) will be required, if applicant is selected for a position).
- A post-secondary certificate program must have been completed at a qualified educational institution equivalent to at least 1 academic year or full-time study that is part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum.
- If you are a student veteran, complete the questionnaire and submit documentation (DD-214, VA Letter, SF-15 and proof of requested on the SF-15 if claiming 10-point Veterans’ preference or DD-2014 if claiming 5 point preference or VEOA eligibility (separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
To qualify for the USDA Pathways Internship Program, applicants must meet the following academic/education requirement:GS-04 - Completion of 2 FULL ACADEMIC years of post-high school studies or an ASSOCIATES DEGREE
All academic degrees or course work must be completed in an educational institution that has obtained accreditation from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
• BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND FINGERPRINT CHECK: Selection and retention in this position is contingent on a successfully adjudicated FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) and a background investigation.
• Direct Deposit - Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of your choosing.
• E-Verify: Federal law requires agencies to use the E-Verify system to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. If you are selected as a newly hired employee, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on your entry-on-duty date will be verified through the DHS 'E-VERIFY' system. Under the system, the new hire is required to resolve any identified discrepancies as a condition of continued employment.
• Relocation expenses are not authorized.
• More information on applying under special hiring authorities such as the Veteran’s Recruitment Act (VRA), 30 percent disabled veterans, and Schedule A Disabled may be found on the USAJOBS website.
• Veterans who are preference eligible or who have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after three years or more of continuous active service are eligible for consideration under the Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications will be evaluated in accordance with Office of Personnel Managements (OPM) Delegated Examining Procedures using category rating. Applicants who meet basic minimum qualifications will be placed in one of two or three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Category placement will be determined based on applicants quality of experience and the extent they possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA) or competencies:
- Office Administration
- Oral/Written Communication
- Automation Program Knowledge
- Interpersonal Skills
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating may be lowered to more accurately reflect the submitted documentation. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to including removal from the Federal service.
Clicking the link below will present a preview of the application form; i.e. the online questionnaire. The application form link below will only provide a preview and does not initiate the application process. To initiate the online application process, click the "Apply Online" button to the right.
To view the application form, visit: https://fsis.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=417ABACB-11D9-4C78-9EA0-A89500F0D9CF Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation