Research Assistant, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Medicine - Georgetown Un
7 days left
- Full Time
Research Assistant, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Medicine - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown University's Department of Medicine is steeped in a rich tradition of excellence built upon the legacies of leaders in cardiology, hematology and oncology, nephrology nephrology and gastroenterology. We are proud of this tradition of excellence and it is our goal today to further that reputation by remaining on the cutting edge of new developments in medical education, scientific and clinical investigation and, of course, clinical care. Central to our success is our commitment to scholarship at all levels of medical training.
The Research Assistant for the Division of Nephrology and Hypertension performs a variety of routine laboratory operations in a quality assurance or research setting. S/he assists the Principal Investigator with data collection and data analysis. Reporting to and working directly with the Principal Investigator (PI), the Research Assistant has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Oversees general laboratory technical responsibilities with an emphasis on performing molecular biology assay and biomarker testing.
- Executes animal model, experiment, and tissue collection.
- Assists the PI or undertakes microvascular studies when necessary.
- Performs required tests with provided equipment, laboratory cleaning and maintenance.
- Harvests tissue as well as collects blood and urine from mice and other various animal husbandry methods.
- Undertakes human physiological studies under the supervision of the principal investigator, with training on each instrument being provided.
- Analyzes data and inputs tests record.
- Maintains and ensures accurate test records within appropriate databases.
- BS in medical or science related field
- Experience related to the duties of the position
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.