Talent Acquisition Consultant
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Talent Acquisition Consultant
The George Mason University Human Resources (HR) and Payroll Office is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual to serve as a Talent Acquisition Consultant. George Mason University has a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Executive Searches, which includes but is not limited to:
- Project Management including planning and stakeholder/vendor management;
- Coordination of the executive search protocol by collaborating with departments;
- Management of coordination efforts for candidate visits;
- HR screening interviews;
- Provide search committee guidance;
- Report back status updates to the Provost and Vice President of HR & Payroll;
- Ensure successful completion of executive searches; and
- Providing monthly reporting to the Vice President.
- Lead Hard-to-Fill vacant position recruiting which includes, but is not limited to:
- Advise departments on alternative sources of candidates to assist hiring managers with difficult recruitment situations;
- Research and acquire new advertising sources to ensure a diverse candidate pool;
- Manage all aspects of recruiting hard to fill positions such as sourcing, vetting, and initial first round interviews;
- Analyze job descriptions and requests to provide recommendations to institutional managers; and
- Work in conjunction with Workforce Planning on changes to the EWPs/PDs if needed.
- Communications and Marketing, which includes but is not limited to:
- Create a marketing and communication strategy for Talent Acquisition;
- Work with HRIS on Talent Acquisitions website design and keep content up-to-date;
- Create and maintain a social media presence in conjunction with HR/Payrolls Communications Specialist; and
- Work in conjunction with HR/Payrolls Communications Specialist as needed.
- Masters degree required, or Bachelors degree with equivalent project management and established executive level recruiting experience;
- Experience working with executive search firms;
- Demonstrates a common knowledge or understanding of cultural differences;
- Must possess demonstrated excellent communication, collaboration and customer service skills;
- Progressive HR experience in a university setting or large complex employer; and
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment, to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, to prioritize work and meet deadlines, knowledgeable of different recruiting tools/applications, and to advise a diverse work force in a professional manner and maintain confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of hiring practices, with public or government agencies;
- Familiarity with compliance and diversity within federal/state agencies or universities;
- Experience in higher education; and
- Experience with vendor management.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :