Graduate Assistant - Baseball
- Attend classes to successfully complete a graduate program at Marymount University.
- Assist the Head Coach with recruiting, scouting and practice planning.
- Perform game day duties as assigned.
- Monitor equipment inventory and care.
- Assist with organizational planning (travel, community service, study hall, etc.).
- Support player development and assist with roster management.
- Help with the planning and organization of camps and clinics.
- Follow Athletic Department Policy and Procedures while providing positive leadership for student-athletes.
- Know and comply with all NCAA rules and regulations, and pass the NCAA annually.
- Coaches Certification Exam.
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified.
- Must log 300 hours of office time (not including class) per semester and turn in their log sheets on time. See Graduate Assistant Manual on the portal for more information, and perform additional duties as assigned.
- Successful admittance to a MU graduate degree program
- Prior playing and/or coaching experience with baseball. Pitching and/or catching experience preferred.
- Valid driverâ€™s license
- Must be able to complete hours in both the gym at practice and competition and in the office to assist in office organizational duties.
- Good interpersonal skills
Special Notes to Applicants
Application materials must be received by
Open Until Filled Yes
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes the liberal arts, career preparation, and personal and professional development. Consistently rated #1 or 2 among regional universities in the South for its diverse student body , Marymount serves nearly 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The university’s location in suburban Arlington, Virginia, offers easy access to the rich resources and international, cultural, and ethnic diversity of the nation’s capital. Marymount University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.