Marketing Manager - WorldStrides Excel Sports Division
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of all marketing initiatives for WorldStrides Excel Sports. The Marketing Manager ensures that all marketing initiatives are aligned with company-wide objectives. Marketing initiatives implemented by the Marketing Manager must drive qualified leads, group signup, participants and revenue, and have a clear return on investment strategy. He or she will report to the Marketing Director (located in Charlottesville, VA) with a dotted line to the General Manager of Excel.
Lead Generation and Awareness:
- Works with Marketing Director and General Manager to develop strategic marketing/lead generation plan that meets company business and marketing objectives.
- Develops and completes regular marketing performance analysis for all programs. (See below for specifics).
- Develops and manages partnerships with relevant organizations, companies and associations to generate leads and awareness.
- Manages Excel content/social media strategy and implementation including content development.
- Works with Charlottesville events team to plan and execute conferences, trade shows and target market events.
- Creates high-quality creative strategy briefs for all projects requiring creative services.
- Partners with appropriate marketing team members on all direct mail, email, paid search/online, SEO, social media marketing, and other marketing projects as required.
- Measures Excel marketing metrics, including lead generation and conversion, for all channels.
- Measures and tracks ROI on all projects.
- Analyzes weekly web traffic for important trends and patterns and prepares weekly web report.
- Makes recommendations for campaign optimization based on results.
- Works with internal and external marketing-related vendors to deliver materials on-time and to spec.
- Sources outside mailing lists for prospecting.
- Manages inventory of all print and promotional materials.
- Works with sales database and pulls required lists for all marketing initiatives.
Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- Minimum 5 years of marketing management experience with 2 years’ experience in an advanced marketing management position preferred.
- Impeccable organization skills and attention to detail.
- A successful track record managing large, complex projects for multiple clients or divisions, and is used to working under tight deadlines.
- Strong creative aptitude, including a keen eye for design and copywriting.
- Excellent listening, communication and negotiation abilities, and a high degree of diplomacy.
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe Suite.
- Experience with sports marketing a plus.
- Management experience a plus.