Garde Manger

Employer
Dio Wine Bar
Location
Washington, DC
Posted
Mar 13, 2018
Closes
Mar 16, 2018
Function
Accountant, IT
Industry
Restaurant
Hours
Full Time
Garde Manger Location: 904 H Street NE, Washington DC 20002 Time: Full-Time (40-50 hours/week) Salaried The business: Dio is a natural wine bar that is shaking up DC s wine scene. Dio features organic, biodynamic, and local wines in a relaxed, intimate, and playful space. The bar offers largely locally sourced light fare and a tasting room environment that emphasizes hospitality and education for both guests and staff. Dio constantly evaluate all aspects of business to remain socially, environmentally, and financially sustainable. The role: Dio is seeking a Garde Manger to execute the Dio food menu from prep to presentation and manage back of house systems. A combination of culinary training and kitchen operations experience is preferred. This individual will report to the General Manager. Shifts are from 4pm-11pm (including opening and closing) on Tuesday-Sunday. It is preferred that the individual work 6 days/week, but we would consider 5 days/week. Average hours worked per week is 40-50. The kitchen is always staffed by one individual the Garde Manger. About 75% of time is dedicated to food preparation, with the remaining 25% dedicated to operations. This position is salaried with sick leave. This role is perfect for those looking to escape the strict and often overwhelming atmosphere of commercial kitchens. The kitchen is run and worked by one individual the Garde Manger. As a bar with a small menu, Dio offers an opportune space to flex your creative skills, attempt new dishes, and take pride in the artistry of your craft. Responsibilities: Perform menu prep, food styling, and recipe development Always be prepared and ready for service Prepare and present dishes during service (including cheese, charcuterie, sandwiches, etc ) Ensure food quality, cleanliness, preparation style, and presentation is maintained over time Perform ordering, inventory, and set storage standards Track and maintain kitchen equipment and facilities Manage back of house checklists (maintenance, cleaning, opening, etc.) Perform product cost management Support daily kitchen operations The skills: Positive attitude and open-minded approach to hospitality Experience working with cheese and charcuterie required Knife skills required Wine knowledge and experience preferred On-point time management, organization, and communication Ability to lift 50+ lbs. and able to stand for long periods of time Super motivated! The perks: 2-3 training opportunities per year Flex culinary skills and aspirations through recipe and menu development Wine education with Dio management Opportunities to serve or bartend Sick leave