Chief Financial Officer
7 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
To qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
As a basic requirement for entry into the SES, applicants must provide evidence of progressively responsible leadership experience that is indicative of senior executive level managerial capability and directly related to the skills and abilities outlined under Professional/Technical Qualifications and Executive Core Qualifications.
Failure to meet the basic qualification requirements and all Professional/Technical and Executive Core Qualification factors automatically eliminate the applicant from further consideration.
A. PROFESSIONAL/TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS PTQs: A narrative statement specifically to show possession of the Professional/Technical Qualifications (PTQs). Responses should summarize the applicants experience in relation to the PTQs and specific examples of accomplishments. Total length of narratives should not exceed 3 pages.
(1) Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of and experience with budget development and execution, financial accounting and reporting concepts and principles, and internal management control processes.
(2) Knowledge of and experience in leading and planning financial management programs in a complex, high visibility environment. Ability to market and effect change in order to improve such programs.
(3) Ability to effectively communicate financial, budgetary and procurement issues and information to audiences such as NLRB Agency heads, Administration officials, Congressional staff and customer groups.
(4) Demonstrate ability in directing, supervising, and evaluating the activities of a significant organizational unit (including recruitment, selection, performance management and exercise of disciplinary actions as necessary).
B. EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS - ECQs: Candidates must also submit a separate narrative statement to show possession of the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) listed below. You are required to respond to all ECQs. If you fail to do so, you will be rated as ineligible. Total length of narratives should not exceed 10 pages.
- ECQ 1 - LEADING CHANGE: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment. Leadership Competencies: creativity and innovation, external awareness, flexibility, resilience, strategic thinking, vision.
- ECQ 2 - LEADING PEOPLE: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Leadership Competencies: conflict management, leveraging diversity, developing others, team building.
- ECQ 3 - RESULTS DRIVEN: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Leadership Competencies: accountability, customer service, decisiveness, entrepreneurship, problem solving, technical credibility.
- ECQ 4 - BUSINESS ACUMEN: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically. Leadership Competencies: financial management, human capital management, technology management.
- ECQ 5 - BUILDING COALITIONS: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals. Leadership Competencies: partnering, political savvy, influencing/negotiating.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Particular care should be taken when addressing the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) described under Qualifications and Evaluation, as that information must also be reviewed and approved by an OPM Qualifications Review Board (QRB). Be sure to include professional and volunteer experience, education, training, and awards that demonstrate your skills in a particular ECQ. Please do not submit additional materials such as position descriptions, publications, course descriptions, or OPM literature. Materials other than those discussed under How to Apply will not normally be included in the application package when forwarded to the Executive Resources Board for evaluation.
HELPFUL INFORMATION ON ECQs:
The ECQs were designed to assess executive experience and potential, not technical expertise. They measure whether an individual has the broad executive skills needed to succeed in a variety of SES positions. Please provide your examples using the Challenge- Context- Action- Result (CCAR) model when describing your accomplishments; as described below:
- Challenge - Describe a specific problem or goal.
- Context - Describe the individuals and groups you worked with and/or the environment in which you worked address the challenge or goal.
- Action - Discuss the specific actions you took to address the challenge or goal.
- Result - Give specific examples of the results of your actions.
SUPPLEMENTARY VACANCIES: Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
PLACEMENT POLICY: The posting of this announcement does not obligate management to fill a vacancy or vacancies by promotion. The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower grade, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position.
VETERANS PREFERENCE DOES NOT APPLY TO THE SENIOR EXECUTIVE SERVICE.
Before entering on duty, you will be required to complete a Public Financial Disclosure Report OGE-278e. You will need to provide the information annually.
Privacy Act Information: The application materials you submit for this position contain information subject to the Privacy Act of 1978 (P.L. 93-579, 5 U.S.C. 552a). We are required to provide you with information regarding our authority and purposes for collecting the data; the routine uses which will be made of it, the effect, if any, of nondisclosure. You are entitled to the same information, as it pertains specifically to disclosure of your social security number.
All Federal employees are required by PL 104-134 to have federal payments made by direct deposit. http://www.OPM.Gov/retire/asd/pdf/99-106A.pdf
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants who are current career SES members, former career SES members with reinstatement eligibility, OPM certified graduates of a SES Candidate Development Program (CDP), or who otherwise meet the mandatory requirements (Executive Core Qualifications and Professional Technical Qualifications), will be considered qualified for this position. Rating and Ranking to determine "Best Qualified" will be conducted by a panel of experts and will be based upon consideration of the degree to which applicants meet the mandatory knowledge, skills and abilities described in the ECQs and PTQs. Current career SES members, former career SES members with reinstatement eligibility, OPM certified graduates of a SES CDP will be considered noncompetitively. Those applicants who are determined Best Qualified will be sent to the selecting official for possible interview. If selected, your ECQs must be certified by OPM's Qualifications Review Board, unless you are a current SES executive or have graduated from an OPM approved SES CDP. You must receive certification before you can be appointed to the position.
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) is required by law to review the executive qualifications of each new career appointee to the Senior Executive Service (SES) prior to appointment. To be considered, applicants must submit a written statement addressing the five (5) Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) listed in this announcement. Applicants must address all ECQs to be eligible for consideration. Your ECQ statements MUST NOT EXCEED A TOTAL OF 10 PAGES and should focus on accomplishments that support possession of each ECQ. See the SES Handbook for more information on ECQ's.
Current career SES members, former career SES members with reinstatement eligibility and OPM certified graduates of a SES CDP, who meet the professional/technical qualifications requirements will be considered for this position on a noncompetitive basis. Applicants for noncompetitive consideration are NOT REQUIRED to submit a supplemental statement addressing their ECQs. However, they must submit a Standard Form 50, Notification of Personnel Action, to establish proof of eligibility for noncompetitive appointment and submit their most recent performance appraisal, resume, address the professional/technical qualifications and complete the online questionnaire.