Supervisory Accountant (Accounting Operations Manager)
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.
For information on qualification requirements, see Qualification Standards Handbook for General Schedule Positions viewable on the web at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.")
Combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
- Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
- A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
- Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements
you must have following specialized experience:
Specialized Experience: You qualify for this position if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-14 level in the Federal Service or comparable pay band system. For this position Specialized experience is defined as experience working in the area of US domestic and international commercial banking, US treasury banking, and merchant services platforms. In addition, experience collaborating with non-financial staff to solve complex financial issues is required.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
In addition to the specialized experience required above, this position also requires applicants to meet the Selective Factor for this position. Applicants who do not meet the Selective Factor will not be considered further for this vacancy.
- Knowledge of domestic and international commercial banking platforms and merchant banking services. Experience includes establishing and maintaining sophisticated, complex network of banks providing payment and collection services across the globe, including emerging market economies and war zones.
Flexible Spending Accounts - http://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - http://www.ltcfeds.com
Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
- Skill in performing the full range of supervisory duties including planning, organizing, directing and managing a workforce that provides complex accounting and financial services. Mentoring and motivating staff is also included.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience working with domestic and international commercial banking platforms and merchant banking services including required PII compliance levels.
- Knowledge of and experience in project management relative to system conversions and/or automations.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in US Treasury payment and collection platforms.
- Knowledge of IT systems and operations as related to financial managment areas such as accounts payable, payroll, cash management and travel operations.
- Knowledge of a wide range of financial management areas enabling one to serve as an authoritative advisor to top management and experience working with them on such ventures as strategic planning, corporate performance evaluations, long-range program analysis, organizational development, etc.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation