Director of Financial Program Operations
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this position.
Must complete 1 year SES probationary period, if not previously completed.
You must successfully complete a background investigation.
Application package must be received by closing date of the announcement.
Relocation expenses are not authorized.
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, applicants must possess experience at a senior level which demonstrates ability to perform the duties described above; including progressively responsible supervisory or managerial experience demonstrating ability to manage people and resources. Eligibility for this position will be based upon a clear showing that the applicant must emphasize their level of responsibilities, the scope and complexity of programs managed, program accomplishments and policy initiatives undertaken.
Applicants are required to submit and upload a narrative response addressing each Executive Core Qualifications (ECQ) and each Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQ) to receive consideration.
Failure to submit a narrative statement or address any of the mandatory ECQs and/or MTQs is considered incomplete and will not be considered.
Applicants currently serving under a career Senior Executive Service (SES) appointment, eligible for reinstatement into the SES, or have successfully completed a Candidate Development Program (CDP) approved by OPM are not required to address the ECQ's but must address all MTQ's. Failure to address each of the required MTQ's will result in disqualification of your application. All qualified applicants will be evaluated on the relevance of their experience, education and/or training.
For additional guidance in writing ECQ narratives, applicants may visit the Office of Personnel Management's Guide to Senior Executive Qualifications located at: Applicants are strongly encouraged to follow the Challenge, Context, Action, and Result model outlined in the guide.
Additional information on the Executive Core Qualifications can be found at http://www.opm.gov/ses/recruitment/ecq.asp.
Please refer to OPM's Guide to the Senior Executive Service Qualifications for more detailed information.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATION (TQ)s: In addition, all applicants must submit a written narrative response to the following TQ(s). Please give examples and explain how often you used your skills, the complexity of the knowledge possessed, the level of people you interacted with, the sensitivity of the issues you handled managing a large multi-divisional workforce, creating and implementing an effective strategic plan, leading process improvement initiatives for quality performance gains. It is recommended that you draft your TQ(s) in a word document and then upload into the system.
- Extensive knowledge of and demonstrated experience in operational management for metrics-driven result and efficiencies.
- Broad knowledge of and demonstrated experience in leading process improvement initiatives for quality and performance gains.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and manage a multi-divisional workforce.
- Demonstrate ability to lead, direct, manage, and provide policy guidance and oversight of large-scale multi-faceted operations and management activities.
Executive Core Qualifications: The ECQs are designed to assess executive experience and potential - not technical expertise. They measure whether an individual has the broad executive skills needed to succeed in a variety of SES positions. Each of the five ECQ's has a set of related competencies; the personal and professional attributes critical for success. There are 22 specific competencies for the five ECQs. In addition, there are six fundamental competencies that are the foundation for success in each of the ECQs. They are: interpersonal skills; written communication; oral communication; integrity/honesty; continual learning; and public service motivation.
- Leading Change - The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
- Leading People - The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
- Results Driven - The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- Business Acumen - The ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
- Building Coalitions - The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
There is no mandatory education requirement.
Working for SBA offers a number of really exciting benefits and flexibilities. To find out more about Federal benefit programs, click here:
If you are applying for a special priority under the interagency Career Transition Assistance Proram (open to surplus and displaced Federal employees), submit the following proof of your eligibility. Your reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a Standard Form 50 reflecting your RIF separation, or notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. To be found well-qualified for special selection priority by SBA, you must meet the minimum qualifications and receive at least 85 possible points for the quality ranking factors. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. See www.sss.gov.
Approval and Probationary Period: If you are entering this position on an initial career Senior Executive Service appointment, you must have your qualifications approved by the Office of Personnel Management's Qualification Review Board and you will be required to serve a one-year probationary period before this appointment becomes final.
Financial Disclosure and Position Sensitivity: The individual selected fro this position will be required to complete and file a Public Financial Disclosure Report, SF-278, within 30 days after selection for the position. The sensitivity level of the position also requires satisfactory completion of a full background investigation after appointment.
Time in grade does not apply to SES positions. Applicants for this position must demonstrate the level and breath of experience necessary to assume an SES position.
Veteran's Preference does not apply to the SES.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be evaluated on their narrative responses to the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) and all Mandatory Technical Qualification (MTQs). Applicants will be evaluated by Merit Staffing panel using only requested information (resume, SF-50, ECQ/MTQ responses) submitted within their application to determine the degree to which they possess each of the listed qualifications. Applicants who do not demonstrate sufficient possession of the ECQ and MTQ will be ineligible for further consideration. Based on th Panel's evaluation, applicants who are determined best qualified will be referred for further consideration.
Application packages will be reviewed for completeness (incomplete or late packages will not receive further consideration)